Wonder woman 1984

Who is excited for wonder woman 19i4 next year?!

9 Likes

Me! I loved the first one a lot. I’m looking forward to what 1984 has in store :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It should be exciting.

2 Likes

shoots his hand into the air while excitedly leaning forward in his high school classroom style desk

To quote Bastian from The Neverending Story II (also from WB):

“Meeeeee!!!”

3 Likes

Haha nice! I’m excited to see how kristen wiig looks as the cheetah! Hopefully they do it with practical makeup(and maybe some cgi touch up here and there) and not all cgi

2 Likes

Can’t wait.

2 Likes

how do you think the Steve Trevor element will play out? Son of Steve like on the show just doesn’t work for me

2 Likes

I’m planning on seeing it the day it’s released. :smiley: I’m fully strapped onto this hype train and there’s no stopping it now.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I do not understand the time frames. She leaves home in the first movie to battle the Axis powers in WWI, but the Germans weren’t all that evil in the first world war, no more so then the British, Russians or whoever. The original story of her fighting the Nazis would have made much more sense. But okay, its done. But why is the next movie set in 1984? Why not set in the roaring '20s, WWII or the 1950s when comic books were really taking off. Or why not now in present day?

Why not the 80’s? Maybe, time travel of any sort?

What I’m saying is it seems like a big leap from WWI to the 1980s.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m making a strange, giant leap here, but they could have picked that year because they wanted to use that years version of Cheetah…? IDK Like I said, it’s a leap, but I noticed that its somewhat in between the Domaine Cheetah whose first appearance was in 1980 and the Minerva Cheetah whose first appearance was in 1987.
Probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

2 Likes

It’s as good a reason as any.

Cannot wait to see Cheetah. I would love to see Charlize Theron as Circe in the third film.