WONDER WOMAN 1984 *ENCORE* Watch-Along! BYOM - 12/28 @6pm PST/9pm EST

Wonder Woman 1984 ENCORE Watch-Along

DC History Club, Harley’s Crew, and World of Wonder are teaming up to host a watch-along of Wonder Woman 1984! Join in on the wonder December 28, 2020. You will need an HBO Max subscription for this watch-along.

:dc: :harleyquinn_hqas: :wonderwoman:

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, read on to learn more.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

:large_blue_circle: Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max

2020-12-29T02:00:00Z

HOW TO ENJOY THE WATCH-ALONG PARTY

Grab your drinks and snacks, load up the movie and open up the DC Universe community in a separate window or device. We will start our viewing at 6:00pm PST. You can jump into the comments below to chat LIVE with your fellow fans about the wonder!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to HBO Max to access Wonder Woman 1984
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show.

:sparkles: Let’s watch Wonder Woman 1984ʬ⁸⁴ :sparkles:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @msgtvhohoho @Razzzcat @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Watch and track #dc-history-club #harleys-crew #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

13 Likes

While you’re waiting, or watching Wonder Woman 1984 again, check out the DC History Club’s early look at our January topic Golden Age Wonder Woman and her Creator.

8 Likes

Very tempted to join in even after the Twitter Watch party!

10 Likes

Well we’d love to have you if you decide to join us! The Twitter Watch Party was a ton of fun.

9 Likes

Queued this up on Christmas day but I’ll def be here to watch it again. Yay! :wonderwoman:

11 Likes

Looking forward to it! Should be interesting to see again now that I’ve seen it once and had the hyped experience. Looking online this movie has had…mixed reactions in the past couple of days and I’m curious to see how it holds up.

9 Likes

I wonder why? I haven’t looked at anything yet, what are the reactions saying?

9 Likes

Some of the stuff I’ve heard people say:

• too bloated
  • doesn’t give space to use both Cheetah and Max effectively
  • poorly directed action
  • inconsistencies not just with BVS or later DCEU movies, but even with the first movie

There’s others but I don’t want to spoil anything in case people coming in fresh for this one. Some of it I think is a little extreme, others seem semi-reasonable.

I doubt I’m going to be suddenly hating this movie after this rewatch, but I may be a little more critical in some spots.

8 Likes

Wow, I really disagree on pretty much all of that :laughing: It wasn’t as great as the first one, but that was a masterpiece! I still had an amazing and emotional experience, and Diana standing up for hope, love, and truth was conveyed so beautifully in this movie.

11 Likes

It is weird that all of the early reviews were glowing, then later ones started finding flaws. Agree its not Wonder Woman, but what is? As you say, the first movie was a masterpiece. Wonder Woman 1984 is “just” a really good movie.

10 Likes

Wonder Full History Fact

wonder-woman-lasso

While Wonder Woman’s golden lasso is commonly referred to as the Lasso of Truth today, that name is not used until the 1980s. During the Golden Age Wonder Woman refers to it as her ‘magic lasso’ which has the ability to compel someone to tell the truth as only one of its powers.

10 Likes

The first one was more action packed, true, but the second one was more emotional. I was puffy from crying for two and a half hours!

9 Likes

Kristin Wigg is a gem. In part because of my personal situation, parts of this movie had tears flowing down my face.

9 Likes

Kristen was the best part of the film to me. I think it was because I identified so heavily with the character. I don’t care what reviewers say, it is a great film with an important message. I will be watching this again several times, so if I have time on Monday I’ll be here.

10 Likes

I just finished watching it for the second time and love the movie even more! In my opinion I think this movie is the next Dark Knight.
I’m so looking forward to watch it again for the 3rd time tomorrow for the watch along. I’m sorry that some people didn’t like this movie, I think it was really great. Sonic and Wonder Woman are sadly the only 2 films from 2020 that I’ve seen, and by far Wonder Woman 84 is my favorite movie of the year. :slightly_smiling_face:
:wonderwoman:

8 Likes

You need to watch a third movie from 2020: Birds of Prey! It’s also on HBO Max!

9 Likes

I wanted to share a couple of Wonder Woman items that I have, first is a movie poster of the first Wonder Woman movie…

And my funko pop of Wonder Woman from the new film…

:slightly_smiling_face: :wonderwoman:

8 Likes

I will try and make it tonight :smile:

7 Likes

As DCSHG Diana would say- “Huzzah! Yes, I will most certainly be in attendance!” :smile: :wonderwoman:

7 Likes

I won’t start posting my Wonder Woman collection or we’ll be here for the entire next year…

6 Likes