‘Wonder Twins’ DC Movie in the Works With Adam Sztykiel to Write, Direct

Sadly this movie project has been cancelled.

So, could the Wonder Twins project actually happen??

1 Like

It could come back in the future. Does not change that it would not be this movie.

So upset there’s not gonna be a Wonder Twins movie, there is so much potential for a great Shazam style action/comedy there. I absolutely loved their silliness in Teen Titans Go, I’d like to see some of that incorporated into it.

I don’t think it will be the same. I do think the Mark Russell arc could be turned into a good movie, or even be a 6 episode arc in an anthology series based on the Hall of Justice/Watch Tower, for streaming save for the fact that (a) DISCO doesn’t want to spend money on streaming that isn’t dirt cheap crap like Shark Week or Magnolia, and unless it’s prestige drama, the people who are making content, like the team behind HBO, it won’t happen. I can see some things happening there, in the same way the Watchmen series happened there, and The Sandman COULD have happened there, if they had cracked the nut on cost and concepts when they had the project over there.

I would not expect a theatrical Wonder Twins movie. And I would not expect streaming movies, period, based on the DC IP. And I expect Vertigo material and possibly even some Wildstorm material is what someone might adapt next for HBO, if that.

I could see an animated movie, for DVD sales, or an animated series, but far more possible if they can pitch it and sell it to someone else to pay for it, other than the DISCO suits, and that means Netflix (which I doubt) or Amazon (and I can’t see them being that interested in PAYING to subsidize Wonder Twins, not when they can pay for AND GET Batman instead, as they are.

Shazam comparisons will not help with its disastrous box office. As of now audiences are sick of silly superheroes. Have to wait until the pendulum swings back.

I don’t expect a theatrical release, I would love a TV movie or mini-series of some sort.

1 Like

How about a DTV animated film?

Have you seen their Smallville episode?

That would be good as well.

Oh yes! I liked it, I thought they did the effects well for the episode.

1 Like