Wonder Girl: DC's New Brazilian Wonder Woman Is Getting a CW Series

Hey Crisis could change that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Loving the costume!! :heart_eyes: (happy birthday btw :partying_face:)

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry I missed your birthday :partying_face: happy belated. This is awesome news. I havenā€™t had a chance to read any of the comics yet but it was one of my favorite Fandome panels (the WW one that showed all the new takes on her coming out Nubia etc.) Very happy to see more diversity in the DCU.

1 Like

Cool! I just hope the CW can handle this sort of thing, effects-wise. Should be an interesting experience.

1 Like

Morrison has been out for a long while. From what I understand heā€™s just kinda moving onto his own stuff. He has been prolific for a long time, so it seems heā€™s pulled himself out of the monthly craziness. Heā€™s still in there chipping at WW Earth one though.

Not sure whatā€™s going on w Snyder, but heā€™s still really running his own pet projects at DC. Capullo and he can pretty much do whatever they want, so I doubt theyā€™d want to go back to the monthly grind? Plus didnā€™t he have a kid a year ago? If anybody can take a form of paternal leave at DC itā€™s Snyder!

My conspiracy theory with Johns, is that he wanted to go into movies. But he ticked off the wrong people and was fired completely from WB and DC. I notice his three jokers, Doomsday Clock and even Stargirl were left over projects before he fired from the Justice League movie mess. I like his comic book stories and TV work, but I never feel like heā€™s been a good fit with the DC movies. So Iā€™m curious to see myself proven wrong if he happens to be able to go back into comic book work or DC TV work with new stuffā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s sad. Was excited for some wonderful rot finally hit the cw.

2 Likes

Maybe this means sheā€™ll pop up in the movies? I can dream canā€™t I?

4 Likes

Hopefully it can still happen on HBO Max.

2 Likes

And if not there, then maybe this means sheā€™ll have more time to get New Gods done.

2 Likes

The best way is to set the character into Stargirl continuity. Use her for a couple of episodes and see if she connects. And there is nothing to interfere with Cassie, since Stargirl is on Earth-2. I think after the money studios lost because of Covid-19, and still arenā€™t 100% sure they wonā€™t have to shutdown shooting again, they are going to be more conservative in their approach for a while. Dumping millions into a character that people donā€™t really know yet is a big fiscal gamble.

1 Like

Itā€™s not happening anywhere.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had alot of hope for this tv show.

On the plus side though, apparently this show was giving Joƫlle Jones the writer for the comic a difficult time. Because apparently with the tv show happening on top of the comic, this meant that Joelle had to get every creative descision regarding the character approved by those working on the TV show.
With a number of details surrounding the character being decided by the tv types, with the writer for the comic needing to adapt.

With the show cancelled, oversight has lessened on the comic book which will let Joelle Jones do more with the character in comic form.

And who knows? If later on the comic explodes in popularity, Wonder Girl could get a show once again.

3 Likes