Wonder Girl 2022 Annual (8/30/22) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

:00_wonder_woman_gold: After an unforgettable first visit to Themyscira (see Trial of the Amazons), Yara Flor has been crowned Wonder Girl and her Esquecida tribe accepted into the Amazon sisterhood…so what now? The jungles of Brazil beckon our heroes home, just in time for some new adventures! You won’t want to miss this oversize issue packed with never-before-seen stories about the mysterious new tribe and their most famous member!

:open_book: If you’ve read it (or plan to) and wish to discuss, drop your thoughts below when you’re ready!

Wonder Girl 2022 Annual Preview (leagueofcomicgeeks.com)

You can join or learn more about :wondersquadron2: The Wonder Squad HERE.

10 Likes

Sadly, I’ll have to wait until it arrives in a collection, and the collection arrives at the library.

5 Likes

I totally understand. Whenever you get to read it, this thread will be here. :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realize the annual had its own discussion thread.
Wells I picked it up. Easily the best Yara story to date. Wish we had more like this.

5 Likes

I’m picking this up later today! :wondersquadron1:

I read her Future State finally. I liked it more than her regular series, but I hope they have plans for her beyond Justice League. I’m not planning on reading that.

5 Likes

I liked her Future State a bit more too. I think she has promise (and I heart Joelle Jones), so I don’t like that they axed the series for JL, but I’m sure there will be more down the line that’ll appeal to different kinds of readers. I’ve never been much for JL either, so I get it. :smile:

Anyway. I’ll be back. :wondersquadron1: I haven’t had a chance to sit down with this one yet. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Ps. :star_struck: Here’s some variants!

11 Likes

I found out what that is by the way. ^.^

9 Likes

You’re the best @nuuninuunani. It’s just a fact. :purple_heart: Thank you!

Now I’m looking at pics of it…

The original Chupacabra maybe?

Ps. :00_wonder_woman_gold: Our most recent Yara Flor coverage, if anyone would like to learn more about her first:

10 Likes

I enjoyed this issue so much that all it did was make me mad that there won’t be more. They keep canceling things I want to read or watch this year. :unamused: It’s annoying.

Between this and Catwoman, I’m starting to understand why. :blush:

10 Likes

This was a good issue – I liked the origin story for Jerry, and I liked that they resolved some of the dangling plotlines from the Wonder Girl series. It’s a shame that they really didn’t give much of a hint of what Yara’s future in the DCU will be. I do hope she shows up again – if not in another starring role, maybe in a new team book or something.

5 Likes

You might like this one :purple_heart:

10 Likes

That’s a fun read.

8 Likes