Women of DC: AQUAMAN Artist Ramona Fradon

Happy International Women’s Day, Everyone!

We’ve seen your posts on the forums celebrating it, and you know we had to add our own to join in on the festivities, as well! In honor of the day, we’re debuting our “Women of DC” column, featuring one of the best of the best in art, Ramona Fradon! Well-known for her influence on Aquaman and other titles from the 50s, onward, we’d like to take time today to explain why describing her as a “trailblazer” is an understatement.

For a deeper look into her life and background, you can find the article here: Women of DC: AQUAMAN Artist Ramona Fradon (or locate it by going straight to our News Section!)

5 Likes

Ramona was one of my first favorites! Her work on Metamorpho is also out of this world. We’re so lucky to still have her around, there aren’t many classic creators left.

4 Likes

Love Ramona Fradon’s work! There is no Super Friends without Ramona!

3 Likes

One of my childhood favorites, she could teach modern illustrators a thing or two about storytelling.

2 Likes

A great article on an incredibly talented and prolific artist. Thank you, DCU, for highlighting another of the greats in this way!

2 Likes

I had the great honor of meeting Ramona Fradon at a Baltimore Comic Con a few years ago and purchaed an awesome Batman Sketch from her! He was so kind chat with me for a few minutes. It was a great day and gad I was able to say thanks for al the fantastic art over the years!

2 Likes

What a wonderful discussion that must’ve been, @jackknight_73, and a beautifully fond memory! Thank you for sharing it with us, and thanks to all of you for the lovely posts in tribute to her! :slight_smile:

1 Like