With Bendis soon revealing Superman’s identity, who do you guys think he will be?

Oh, I think you misinterpreted the topic.

Explaining the joke below!

The guy was joking as if we don’t know who Superman is and Bendis is going to reveal it, so we’re jokingly trying to guess who Superman is going to be, not seriously trying to guess who’s going to expose him. People are assuming that your poll is part of the same joke and answering accordingly. Though for the record, my understanding of the leak was that Superman is going to unmask willingly, like you suggested.

Its Comic Book Guy.

Whoa whoa whoa… I missed a joke. Impossible. Improbable.

Ok. Having exhaustion from a 6 month daughter going through some sleep regression is a good excuse… right? Right?

I’ll hang my head and stand by the corner for a little bit.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s Bendis. Bendis has cast himself as Superman.

4 Likes

I think it’ll be some really random unknown guy. I mean, you’ll say Superman is really…Bob Kravititz or…Miles Humphrey…or,…I dunno Clark Kent. And everyone will just be like…”Who?!?..never heard of him!”

Exactly who I was thinking.

Of course! His incredibly goofy dialect is just a front hiding one of the world’s most wellspoken superheroes! Brilliant!

Guys, I think you’re all missing a key thing here…Clark Kent wears glasses. Superman does not. The “Clark is Superman” theory falls apart with that bit of evidence. Sorry. I don’t know why the conspiracy theorists have been beating that drum since 1939, but it’s a weird hill to die on. Clark Kent is a meek and cowardly reporter. Superman is brave and mighty. Think about it.

5 Likes

I’ll agree, he’s a left field choice as far as possible alter egos go… I was just using the name as an example because it’s such a plain and unassuming name. But I disagree about Clark being meek and cowardly. Ok he’s quiet and Mild Mannered. And yes, he’s not as Bombastic as Steve Lombard or or Lois Lane or even Gotham’s Vicky Vale. But a coward? I’ve seen Clark get into some fairly hairy situations over the years and he’s written some really hard-hitting stuff. Cowards don’t write hard-hitting exposes on groups like Intergang and the National Intelligence Agency. They stick to soft Sunday supplement stories like Police academy Graduations and old Playhouse demolitions. Sure he’s no Superman. But still, he’s not chicken little either.

Guys, I’m betting Superman is Dan DiDeo!! He’s confirmed to be in continuity already! (Plastic Man #2 (2018))

Well that can’t be! I heard DiDio died and was serving time (and Big Belly Burgers) in Hell!

I think he was hanged!

Also, Superman doesn’t kill, and DiDio has slaughtered several legacy characters already… the man wrecks more robins than a hungry cat.

2 Likes

Hmm. I could never guess who he was so it’ll be a surprise for sure.
(P.S. I love this community!)

image I have been on this for weeks and I finally!! have a good picture

1 Like

G’nort. I changed my mind and it’s definitely gonna be G’nort.