With Arrow being canceled and Gotham on it's way out the door, What new show should the CW or DCU do?

I believe it is time to feature Zatanna either on DC Legends or Flash. Zatanna is overdue on a CW based DCU show.

3 Likes

I would like to see The Spectre, Deadman, Dr Fate, zatanna in show with MA or R rating.
It could be called the Tales of the Un Expected. Each week could be different story featuring different characters and sometimes crossing them over.

How about a Night Wing and Red Hood CW show called Sons Of The Bat. The main villain of the first season could be Dr Hugo Strange. The 2nd villain could be Professor pyg and other lesser known BatMan villains. The Night Wing episodes can be PG while the Red Hood ones can be PG13. Let me know what you think about my idea.

3 Likes

Dick Grayson (night wing). The title would be Grayson, and the main Villan would be clay face. It should start out as clay face shape shifting in to 4 cops, their actions should be robbing a bank at the edge of night when all if a sudden Dick Grayson AKA night wing rudely interrupts their heist party, but instead of catching the 4 cops they he ends up finding him self being faugh by the one and only clay face, Grayson would call upon his own team the Titans two assist but there is never an answer so he stays solo until he meats up with Barry Alan AKA the flash.

1 Like

The TV show I posted up above should be rated PG and should be live action

We already have the Arrow replacement, it’s called Batwoman.

The Question (specifically the Vic sage version.)

Etrigon the demon

Arrow wasn’t cancelled though, the creators decided to end it.

1 Like

I agree that Hawkworld would make a great mini series. Definitely not on the budget of CW. And probably not on the budget of SyFy or the networks either. From what I’ve seen of the DCU originals, they’re capable of something good. But I seriously doubt resurrecting a 90s storyline fits their agenda.

1 Like

The Sandman.

Doom Patrol proves you can do a Vertigo type series, and can do it very well.

Neil Gaiman is very popular right now.

There’s enough material available that you can get at least three seasons without having to stretch the material.

After that, you could easily set up an anthology series about the Dreaming.

Checkmate. Live-action, preferably. Or something like Marvel’s Damage Control but with DC.

I would love a Injustice live action series. 23 episodes each season. 1 season per year. TV MA

@BradleyBruner23.4645
Lucky for you Netflix just acquired the rights for a Sandman show. And it is currently being made yo.

1 Like

@BradleyBruner23.4645
Lucky for you Netflix just acquired the rights for a Sandman show. And it is currently being made yo.

And guys not everything has to be TV-MA. It isn’t going to make it better or more faithful. What is with this constant trend of making everything TV-MA, we have been doing fine in tv without it. Like Doom Patrol which I feel was completely not necessary, or Titans which in my opinion would have been better without the ma.

Plus X-Files got to make some of the grimmest screwed up stuff on the air and that was tv-14. As well as Hannibal, and Buffy, and Arrow, and Gotham, American Gothic, Constantine, Heroes. All perfectly adult while still being network.

You don’t need an R to be a good product.

Or am I the only one who thinks this.

Doesn’t need to be R to be a good product, but not being R hasn’t hasn’t served a show like Arrow well since it wanted to be a gritty street level show. But instead became a formulaic soap opera that clearly wants its characters to feel more real but the writers aren’t clever enough to make it work with the restrictions that have. How many times do we hear the characters say damn it or son of a bitch, because they aren’t allowed to use big boy words?

2 Likes

@TheShockVox
You don’t need big boy words. They don’t make a show better. Using explicit language doesn’t make it a better show. Or change anything about it. Like stated previous Constantine was a network show and they did just fine. And that’s with a character that curses non-stop. The TV-MA wouldn’t change the show. And because of want the writers wanted for the show (especially seasons three and five) it would STILL be that soap opera style. And you can easily go around the language barrier and still have the words have the same impact like what Firefly and Battlestar did. Plus less language means it can go to a wider audience, because there are a lot of people that are sensitive to that.

Im not anti-swearing I just find it fairly unnecessary.

The Bojack Horseman writers actually had a rule that they were only going to use the f word once per season because they didn’t want to bog the show down with it like other comedies and not need to rely on it.

2 Likes

An animated JSA show simply called “JSA”. Rated TV-PG or TV-14 (allowed to get bloody and have mild swearing but not full blown R-rated stuff).

The series would be based on the early 2000’s run of JSA and would feature Johnny Sorrow and the Injustice Society as the primary villais in the first season.

I came up with the idea more than two years ago and back then, I wanted a cameo from the original Sandman Wesley Dodds to be played by Adam West, but then he passed away.

2 Likes

Metal Men