Wish You Weren’t Here: Watchmen Tags & Riddles

Greetings, DC Family!

Have you heard the news? :eyes: That’s right! We’re happy to announce that YOU can now watch the Watchmen. Right here, on this service, any time you want! :slight_smile:

To celebrate, we’re offering two prompts to choose from:
:clock8: We wanna know, if you could, what would you choose to spray paint on the wall next to “Who Watches the Watchmen?” so create a tagline that sums up the movie for you…
:clock9: AND/OR come up with a joke/riddle that the Comedian, or your favorite character from the movie, would approve of (I like mine featuring sad clowns and elevator shafts. What about you?)

Haven’t seen the movie yet? Check it out here: https://bit.ly/2XMMq4Q

:notebook: NOTES:
:clock10: Please make sure all submissions abide by our Forum Guidelines: http://yourdcu.com/cmg
:clock11: Thanks to @abfgmsw for helping to inspire this week’s prompt - your Watchmen vs Readmen joke made us laugh, lol. :wink:
:clock12: Many thank yous to all who participated in our “Wish You Were Here” Summer Supercation s eries - we appreciate the wonderful entries you shared, and got such a kick out of reading through them every week!

3 Likes

Zack Snyder’s Watchmen: or, Alan Moore for Illiterates

3 Likes

Tagline.

Did Ozymandias ever read the poem Ozymandias? Definitely a spoiler.

Joke by Comedian.

You wanna know what the world is like?

Well I’ll tell you what the world is like.

A Pig, a Wolf, a Fox, a Rabbit and a Squirrel were walking in the dark and they all fell into a giant pit.

They got hungry. So the Wolf ate the Pig and the Fox ate the Rabbit.

Afterwards the Wolf and the Fox were going to fight to see who would eat the Squirrel, but the Fox said, “Why not go halfies?”

So they did.

Then the Wolf, being bigger, ate the Fox.

Then the Wolf starved to death, happy to be the animal that died last.

Now some say, if the Wolf, Fox, Pig, Rabbit and Squirrel had worked together, they could have gotten out of the pit.

And I say, what’s the fun in that?

5 Likes

Honestly it loses something without the singing contest.

4 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

Touche!

I hope everybody gets where the story is from, seeing that it is from TWO issues of the best selling DC comic, but I could see the Comedian saying this.

3 Likes

Tagline:
“Where’s the squid?”

5 Likes

My tag:

“Mmmm! Whuh-ho, them’s good beans!”

7 Likes

@Vroom

How about

Beans are best served…COLD

4 Likes

Lol, what in the world. You guys certainly know how to tickle a funny bone. :joy:

3 Likes

Who Watches The Watchmen (Tag)… When Time Runs Out

2 Likes

You guys are killing me! :rofl:

The Joker who? Clearly the best humor in DC Universe is right here.

2 Likes

@Vroom

ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE!!!

4 Likes

Can we change the name “Bane” to “Bean”??

2 Likes

@Batjamgs

How about

We all are having Squid today.

Calamari’s back on the menu, boys.

1 Like

tags a wall

“Archie Andrews couldn’t pilot Archie and is a real jughead to think he could, so…nyah!”

sprays “El Barto” on an adjacent wall and walks away inconspicuously

2 Likes