Wish You Were Here: Write A Postcard Home From The Swamp!

Spoilers
Postcard Version

So I was by myself
In the dark by myself
In the Swamp .
Nothing stupid about that.

I remember being shot
Several Times.
Then Fire.
My Flip Flops got wet in the water.

After that
Nightmares.

Please excuse me
I am not myself these days

Alec

6 Likes

Dear Brad Pitt,

I can no longer be with you. I have fallen in love with some scientist that insists on always wearing flip flops.
I wanted to tell you this face to face, but unfortunately, some doctor came into town and is trying to steal my man.
I know you’ll miss me greatly, but I must stay here. The swamp calls to me. Also, whenever I try to leave vine people pull me back. I’m guess I’m kind of being held hostage. Oh well. I promise I’m not in a cult. Don’t come looking for me… Wink, wink. Here’s hoping the postal service in Marais works.

Your truly,

Nu52

6 Likes

To this wonderful community,

I’ve heard rumor that you’ve already gotten word from others who have come to the bayou. I’ve seen a few, myself. Postcards describing the wonders of this strange place. They might seem too fanciful to be real, but I assure you that every word is true.

Maybe you’re curious about the strange things that wait in the swamp. Maybe the words you’ve read have shed some light on what waits in the murky waters. Some, but not enough. The water is clouded by more than mud and algae. There are… things… worse than gators that call these waters home.

Take heed, if you mean to come this way. Something waits in the deep and it doesn’t like to be disturbed. There’s a force in this place, both terrible and fantastic. Something that defies the science that seeks to understand it and the ignorance that means to dismiss it.

But, if you are bold enough, perhaps it will let you cross its swamp unharmed. Perhaps you will join those of us who call this land home and explore, with care, its beautiful terrors. The longer you stay here, the more it calls to y ou. The deeper it borrows, becoming a part of you. Just as surely as roots are a part of the trees.

There’s something waiting just beyond the waters, my dear friends.

Would you like to see it with me?

I’ll be at the boat. Waiting.

Speak very soon,

Z

8 Likes

Dear Mera,

Won’t you please join me in the swamp? There’s places to swim galore and the local folk talk at length about “crawdads” and how tasty they are. Maybe we can grab a plate?

While out for a night swim in a nearby swamp, I saw what looked like a big, green, muck encrusted man walking through the woods. His eyes glowed red as he looked at me before disappearing into the brush. I’ll have to look into this.

I was at a bar and this blonde british guy in a trenchcoat tapped me on the shoulder and said “Excuse me mate. Do you have a light?” I shook my head and said “Sorry. I don’t smoke.” Then the guy smiled and said “Good choice. These things are the devil’s work. Cheers mate.” and then he walked away. Seems like a cool dude.

Tell Mom I say hello and tell Orm to eat a blowfish.

Yours forever,

Arthur

8 Likes

Hey Dad,
I’m almost done settling Grandma’s affairs. As I was packing her things up yesterday, I was going through her shed and found that old boat the three used to go out on the swamp with. I decided to take it out on the water for old time’s sake, and the only thing I could think about was how she would tell us about that time she once saw the “Green Man” over and over again. I always thought she was either crazy or just making it up, but then I went around a bend, and I saw him for myself in the distance.

His terrifying figure came out from behind the moss. A giant green mass with flowers, vines, and what seemed like fruit growing off of his body. What was just as surprising was the striking woman with hair as white as snow that walked out behind him. I could see the smiles on their faces as they hugged. They laid down next to each other, each taking a bite of his fruit. I was at first repulsed, but the look of pure bliss that appeared on each of their faces in that moment was truly beautiful. They settled in and seemed to fall asleep. It was such a wonderful and intimate moment. I quietly turned around and made my way back down the swamp.

The Green Man is real, and he is in love.

3 Likes

Brother Eye: Log LW72000

I just met a breathtaking and funny doctor from the CDC. Meeting her for information on the recent growth in abnormal botanical growth detected by Brother Eye. Meeting over some of the local bourbon, which I hear is damn fine.

Later in the evening we’re hearing a lecture from Pamela Isley about regenerative medical procedures using plant based processes.
Isley may be involved in the recent botanical growths or somebody or something may be looking to get her attention.
Will furnish notes from lecture to Vega1939 for review and up load.

Shadow Wulf out.

4 Likes

Hello Mom,

I have to keep this short. I’m sorry, I won’t be coming home as planned. Something’s changed me here. I’ve become very attached to this place. In fact, I may stay here for ever. I have to go now. It’s getting harder to write. Rmembr, I love upo always.

Al3c______

5 Likes

Dear Alan Moore,

Wish you were here.

Sincerely, Randall Armstrong

aka: Randallus Prime

2 Likes

Dear Batman,

It is REALLY humid here in Marais and I’m just falling to pieces. I cannot maintain my consistency whatsoever.

Please tell me I can leave ASAP.

Signed,

Clayface

5 Likes

Hey Ma,

Just watched a Robot fight a gator? Louisiana is great! I picked up a little cough, but i should be fine!

4 Likes

Kara.
Hey baby just touch down in Louisiana and I’m already hearing some stuff about swampy and I know that your made that I left earth 2 and didn’t help with the whole lex, red daughter thing but I own john this and he couldn’t be here . I’m going to try to finish this as quickly as possible see what Alec has gotten himself into and I’ll breached my way back to you.

1 Like

What a trip so far! The swamp really came alive for our tour-such a creepy atmosphere! Wish you were here guys :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Dear Chief,

No sign of Mr. Nobody in the bayou. We did see some people with vines and stuff growing out of them. Gross. Cliff of course belted out a “What the ****?!” when he saw them.

Jane said she saw a big “shambling” green guy moving about in the swamp last night. Larry confirmed this, while Rita said she wasn’t sure what she saw.

Our tour guides, Len and Bernie, have been quite helpful too. Thanks for suggesting them.

We’ll let you know if we get a hold of Mr. Nobody.

Best,

Vic

5 Likes

Hiya Z,
There is some weird vibe coming off this place. Not sure if it’s mystic or these people are just whack. (Like Ian Dury, Blockheads whack) And the CDC is here, and the place is full of mosquitos and cr@p. It’s just lovely.

It’s a damn Alice Cooper song.
“I’m having a hell of a time my dear. Wish you were here.”

Big hug.

DSA

2 Likes

Dear DC Family,

I thought I could handle a rough and tumble romp through The Swamp. I thought I was strong, both mentally and physically, and wanted, for once in my life, to face my fears. No, not just the ones about mosquitoes and heat, but the real ones. The ones about the things that go bump in the night. I wanted to investigate the rumors and see if they were real.

I thought I was strong enough to face the darkness, but my fingers shake as I write this, and I realized I wasn’t ready. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready.

Forget this place. I’m off to somewhere sunny and warm, and BRIGHT.

I hope you all choose to come with me.

4 Likes

@MissInkBlot

I’ll the bring the iced tea. What we need is a beach…

Hmmmm…

1 Like

Dear Waylon,

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for all the carnage you brought the last time you broke out of Belle Reve. Lots of tasty specimens that had no idea how to travel through the swamp - though none of them were as tender as that guy with the gold watch. Remember him? Good times.

Hoping you’ll visit soon,
Frances

2 Likes

Hiya Red!

Well, I’m in Marais at your safehouse with the goodies. The local folk were all at a town meeting it seems, so I was able to cruise through town, no questions asked.

It’s pretty here. I can see why you hid out from You Know Who here when you had to.

I saw some CDC trucks and such scootin’ about. I imagine you could protect us from whatever ailed them if need be, couldn’t ya’s?

Anywho, I’ll be at the place with the deal. Look forward to seein’ ya!

Mwah!

P.S. This swampy stuff may look pretty but Go, Go Gadget, does it ever STINK! Pee and yew!

Hugs and smoochies,

Harley

5 Likes

Dear DCU,

Oh, fine. Be that way. Have your vacation on Themyscira.

You all are hanging out on the beach, getting trained by Artemis and learning to use… love, apparently. (I won’t read too much into that.)

I get it! I do! Dinosaur Island is too macho. And I mean, crashing at Superman’s house isn’t really a vacation. And Philadelphia is… Philadelphia.

But all I’m saying is that SOME of us aren’t invited. I’m not going to spend my vacation sitting on one of the outlying islands watching everybody else have fun. So, I’m back in the swamp, even if some weird guy with a match in his mouth did ask me to deliver a post card for him the last time I was here.

You know, this vacation hasn’t really been working out. Hey, at least there are no monsters around. Those creepy noises are probably just the wind.

-Bats

3 Likes

Mr. Holland,

Please be advised that it is against your renting agreement with this swamp. to create a quality television program for a streaming service. As you have already paid in advance for the next 9 weeks, we will allow you to stay until that payment has been spent. After that sum has been used, we respectfully ask that you seek out new housing arrangements.

Thank you

4 Likes