Will You Renew the Service?

I will. I have been waiting for this all my life lol.

2 Likes

Hard to say. Check with me in 2020

2 Likes

Yes. $6 a month is meaningless to me

1 Like

If it improves (as we all know it will) of course. Is cheap. Our favorite movies and television are (and will be here). And also, most of us are here for the same reason: DC comics are the best. And I have already saved a few dollars and had the same amount of fun that I would have had if I were bought all what Im reading. I was complaining a few days ago. I still have many complaints, but I know why I preordered in the first place.

2 Likes

I think so. It’s gonna really depend on the exclusives. If the DC exclusives can be seen on other services e.g. Titans then probably not. I’m still scratching my head why they did that.

Dude…15 months is an eternity. By that time all the DC Universe originals will have premiered and presumably more shows and movies will be here. Asking this question right now when the service is still in like beta mode and experiencing some growing pains is a little premature IMO.

1 Like

Probably, “Swamp thing” will start up when my subscription runs out, I can’t miss that. I like having access to a number of DC Comics. The brand is looking better than it ever has in my opinion, comics in Wal-mart, this app, movies are looking better etc.

I should probably mention that I like the concept of the service and do think that it has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.

I know it’ll be a process and, as time progresses, the app should get better.

The rotating comics makes reading books a chore, especially because I have DC trades on Hoopla and the Final Crisis Omnibus that I’m trying to get through, but have to put on hold because I’m trying to read the books that are rotating out.

1 Like

Most definitely. I’m on this app every day now. There’s a ton of stuff to read and I want to be sure I read everything before it’s cycled out and replaced.

Ask me in 14 months…

2 Likes

I plan to, however I hope all the DC shows become available here such as Adam West Batman and all of the Zack Snyder DC movies along with Wonder Woman and the upcoming Aquaman… Not sure if it will happen if other companies will offer big bucks for the rights (HBO, Netflix, etc.) but I can always hope so.

I truely don’t know

So far, yes.

I want access to all comics. I have a Marvel Unlimited acct and I started reading all the major titles and crossovers starting with 1963 and I’m now caught up to the present (started in 2012). I could honestly care less about the movies and TV shows. I was hoping for access to all the digital comics. So unless those become available I’m going not renew.

5 Likes

I’m leaning towards no, which breaks my heart.

2 Likes

Right now, too much vying for our money. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, then there’s software companies wanting our subscriptions: security software, Office 365, I have a Bible program at $100/yr. Cable TV, music streaming, and the list goes on. And on. Then there is perceived value. Compared to the “Big Boys”, DCU just does not stack up yet. BUT, never fear, I have my suggestions:
*Seems like the big gripes I’m seeing are insufficient content; a website that needs vast improving. And, personally, I dont see value here.
*Content: People are wanting more content. More digital comics. Someone suggested access to all the comics. That requires a LOT of work. But, making sure the more popular titles is a MUST, and adding as money comes in. Same with programming. Disney is heading toward exclusive-ising it’s programming to their website. I hate the idea, but, it makes sense. Imagine the only place to watch new Batman, Superman, WW, JL, Aquaman, etc etc movies, TV shows, DCU originals is here or buy DVDs (which I already do).
*Improved website. That comes with time. But, it can’t take TOO much time.
*Value. I cannot see spending $8/mo or $75/yr for the current state. At $3/mo, it’s a no brainer. At $5/mo, it’s a question mark. Anything above that, it’s a no. With more comics, more streaming content, at a MUCH lower price range, I can see subscribing. A “stay and pay” member, as I call it. The store idea is good; but, NOT a value AT ALL! DC Collectibles has just never impressed me with it’s overpriced and underwhelming product. The WB Studio Store was fairly decent. But, what is getting pumped out today, not impressive at all. What I propose is DCU member exclusives, and maybe a page out of the Gentle Giant page book. Suppose there are several tiers here: ad based memberships, “General admission” memberships, and “Exclusive Memberships”. Free memberships get the basics, and maybe like 10% off the store items. General Admission members might get 20% off, and ad-free or limited ads, While Exclusive Members pay a premium and get a decent freebie each year they renew. (Gentle Giant members receive(d) a decent mini bust, or choice of a couple other items. This would entice me, as a collector, IF the product were a decent upgrade, a 35-50% discount, and no ads. To make this a viable option, the price point would be $8-10/mo., billed annually. Of course, a trial membership, sans giveaways and discounts, would be in order, so one could decide if it is worth paying for an entire year, upfront.

Am I offbase here, or, does this sound like a doable plan? Hope those in charge here see this, and can determine it to be viable or not.

2 Likes

The original shows are a huge draw for me. I don’t know how one wants to subscribe to this service exclusively just for comics. Who the heck doesn’t like watching live action or animated shows or movies? That just seems weird to me that some only want this service just for reading only.

1 Like

People keep asking “Why don’t they have on here?” Simple. Licensing. It could be someone else (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) May have right s to said title currently. Also, some of the old shows (Batman, Shazam/Isis) we’re produced outside of WB. Batman was actually produced by Fox. So licensing may be a hurdle. I think it’s also why Arrowverse shows aren’t on here yet. I believe they are contracted to Netflix currently. Once that license ends, we’ll probably see them here. Personally, Netflix is going to be hurting soon. DC is coming here. Marvel/Disney/Star Wars/Fox will be leaving soon for a Disney streaming channel as well.

1 Like

The CW DC shows may be produced by Warner Bros and DC, but they are licensed and paid for by The CW network. And they have a multi-year contract with Netflix. And Netflix has a much higher viewer and subscriber base, so it’s actually more financially beneficial for it to stay there for the foreseeable future.

I was smart enough to sign up for monthly than go for a yearly subscription right away but overall I am liking the service and so yeah I’ll probably continue for the rest of the year and go from there