Will the full Wolfman run on TEEN TITANS be archived?

My 11-year-old son has become a BIG fan of the original NEW TEEN TITANS / TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS run by Marv Wolfman, but it seems to cap out at issue #41. What with the show featuring the Titans being a hit (and being pushed by DC), is there a chance that the rest of the series will be added?

3 Likes

The first volume seems to have all 58 issues (counting when the title changed to “Tales of the Teen Titans”): https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/new-teen-titans-1980/e983a538-b140-4fb2-9fef-704bc6b2cccf

And the second’s all there too, all the way up through the “New Titans” era to the end of the series: https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/the-new-titans-1984/52c7cb1a-86b9-4b66-8037-d5fc7296ab8e

4 Likes

Oooops, please forgive this former Marvel Zombie’s ignorance – I just found the second volume of NEW TEEN TITANS and am excited to tell my son at breakfast tomorrow!

I’ll just see myself out…

4 Likes

Your son has awesome taste!

4 Likes

There are also ten volumes of trade paperback version for the New Teen Titans by Marv Wolfman. If something lighter and easier to carry around interests you. I also agree, your son has awesome taste.

4 Likes

Yep, awesome taste. Titans (1999) should be his next stop followed by Teen Titans (2003) and probably Outsiders (2003).

2 Likes

Some awesome superheroics from @BatJamags in this thread! Thank you for leaping into action with these links. :smiley: I’m loving the helpful suggestions about comics in this thread, as well.

And no need to see yourself out, @Stopheles. :slight_smile: Our wonderful community members are always happy to lend a helping hand.

3 Likes

Thanks for the further-reading links! At this point, digital comics are the way for us to go (space and money constraints), though I found a copy of TEEN TITANS: GAMES yesterday at a bookstore and surprised him after school (it’s why I posted this - he was aware of there being a gap, what with Donna and Raven’s costume differences, Wally being the Flash, and Danny Chase (who he’d never seen before) being on the team.

The second book becomes New Titans at issue 50, and as Batjamags says, runs to the end. Somewhere around issue 90, a companion book, Team Titans, starts-- and runs for 24 issues. The next book after New Titans ends with 130 is Teen Titans 1-24 by Dan Jurgens.

Since you like New Teen Titans, Young Justice might be for you, as well-- some people consider it the next Titans book. After that, the next book is The Titans, which runs for 50 issues after a crossover with the JLA called the Technis Imperative.

And then comes the 2003 Teen Titans, which starts with a run by Geoff Johns you may just like.

There’s no such thing as too many comics!

5 Likes