Will Smith

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I thought Will Smith was great as Deadshot. I don’t have a problem with character re-imaginings, I don’t think the look of a character has to be reproduced down to their smallest minutiae to be a good representation. I can’t see him in another DC role now.

4 Likes

@IsaacBrown Viola Davis was good as Amanda Waller, but I would love to see C.C.H. Pounder reprise the role although this time it would be live action instead of voice acting. Octavia Spencer is another actress who would also probably be a good choice for Waller.

As for Will Smith, he would have been great as an older Cyborg.

@Beagle

Watch “Widows” with Viola. She carried the movie amongst a star studded cast as the leading actor. One of the few movies that called me to the theatre last year.

I’d be fine with seeing more of the Fresh Prince in the DCU. Maybe a voice acting gig too?

I thought he was a good Deadshot.

1 Like

I thought he was good as Deadshot

1 Like

I predict voice acting gigs in Will’s future. I also predict Aladdin will be Disney’s next “Solo.” We shall see.

He could do a Mocap role in a live action movie. No idea who he’d play, but it’s another option.

I believe he has a sequel to his Netflix movie on the burner…

Heard about this and disappointed

Will Smith would probably be an alright Black Lightning or Cyborg (even though I like Ray Fisher). Could also see him being Mr Terrific, Steel, Icon or Firestorm.

@IconSupreme, I would rather someone of larger physical bulk, like Henry Oswald Simmons, Jr., for Steel.

Never mind that he is playing a Marvel character right now.

MACJR

1 Like

So apparently he’s not returning for Suicide Squad 2 because of a scheduling conflict? I liked him in the role and one of the few things I liked about the first film

2 Likes

I actually thought about cyborg myself for a fraction of a heartbeat. But the character’s age is a conflict. Too bad. The complexion might even have been the closes match. That’s one concern for Icon too. Also whoever brought up physical size is right too. Icon looks like he should be a heavyweight boxer or pro wrestler sized guy. He’s not well known so they can remake him as they’d need to. Since they do that a lot. They call it a surprise and see it as a selling point. It seems like a thing to adjust to on this end but eh. “No big”. Unless the established character was something special. Till I find his comic and some time I won’t know what his disposition is so I can’t say.

Is Lucius Fox a smart ass? Mm. I’ve never seen that. I think Mr Terrific could be a genius Smart ass and make it work. At first I thought it was a stretch but so far I just haven’t heard one better. I already said I don’t think he fits John Stewart.

In my mind that goes to Mahersala Ali or Michael Jai White. Mr. Ali has the look and voice for thw role and I feel he make it look good. Mr. White has the voice for it too and his look is close. He’s a bit lighter but he’s diesel like they like for comic stuff. (That means he’s a big guy). I thing the voice and being able to come across as stern and having a resemblance is all important for John Stewart and I don’t hear Will Smith as quite right for him.

I still think Comic movies are in desperate need of Will Smith’s presence in the right role. Don’t think Wild Wild West. Think Hancock and MIB. You see how well he did with Hancock. It’s a crying shame that Hancock isn’t a DC property. Crying shame. I sure hope Marvel doesn’t realize it first. He’d fit well in either place but I think he’s so perfect for DC. Anyway. Back to actual existing DC Characters. So far the best answer I’ve heard in my opinion is Mr. Terrific

If I wasn’t clear. When I said “the role” I was referring to the role of John Stewart and that I think people like Mahershala Ali and Michael Jai White for that one better in my mind for the reasons that i stated. And because John Stewart isn’t a “smart ass” he’s a “hard ass” and like I said I feel like Will Smith is at his best playing a smart ass.

A side note. As far I know the language I have used here isn’t an issue. If I’m wrong a simple request is all it will take for me to rephrase things.

To the two guys that liked him as Deadshot I’m not saying your wrong. I think that that is just because he is good his thing. Not to beat a dead horse but again imagine if he had a role he could run with the way he did with Hancock or even MIB. That’s all.