Will DCU have complete series like Marvel Universe does?

Will DCU have complete series like Marvel Universe does? Who wants complete series? Who wants more titles? Answer to both, me. Anyone else?

9 Likes

Yes but for purchase, meaning more money per book

Do you mean in addition the the membership fee (monthly/annual)? If so, where does it say this? Thanks!

Marvel Universe has a fee also and right now they have tons of titles and full(complete) series with more being added weekly. Plus they add book after they have been released for six months. I am not a big marvel fan and I am willing to wait the six months to read the titles I do read. I hope that DC will soon follow suit. There are a lot of titles that I want to read that are not in the DCU library yet, and I hope to see them.

8 Likes

The early appearance, which I hope is misleading, is that their approach is based on trying to drive customers to buy additional comics (see incomplete series, out of continuity series, incomplete arcs and a relatively small rotating library) rather than provide a robust and constantly building library of books. If that DOES turn out to be their offering, then at the end of my year + 3 subscription, I will not renew. I am here for the comics as I see DC as primarily a comic content based company with some audio visual content based on those comic offerings. If they don’t compete with MU, then I am not the customer that they are targeting. And that is fine, my $$$ willjust go elsewhere.

10 Likes

I would also like to see them match marvel digital in their comic selection. Not that I don’t enjoy the movies and TV shows, but the comics would be a real deal maker for me.

5 Likes

I am also here primarily for a comprehensive comic offering - the other media are sprinkles on the cake

6 Likes

I agree with the previous posts and would like to see improvements in the comic section.

4 Likes

I agree, I mainly subscribed for a Marvel Unlimited type comic library. I still buy current stuff via ComiXology, but it would be great to get older stuff and in complete runs. Just seeing only the first issue doesn’t make me want to read the series, it makes me avoid the series.

3 Likes

Maybe someone from DCU will read this and give us some information.

I did not mean to post that last post that many times.

It was stated from Action Comics (1938) - Rebirth (2016).

2 Likes

It is a little disappointing to see that you cannot read a complete arc. They have maybe three issues from a single volume, and I guuuuuesss that saves you money on comixology, but this was sold to us as having a vast library of comics that we could pick up and read, but everything just feels like a sample platter. I’ve only read one complete series so far- Penguin: Pride and Predjudice- but there’s a lot missing. They said everything would be updated monthly and I understand that thr app was launched a little prematurely, it just sets a bad first impression when one of your big draws for buying this app is quite finite. Hopefully this improves. I have no intention of cancelling my subscription, I’m just finally seeing the current state of limitations of this app after only two weeks of owning it.

You’re paying for more than just comics. You’re paying for this thread and message board. All the shows. And a rotating list of comics that over time will learn your tastes and give you more comics tailored to you. You can’t expect to get thousands of dollars worth of comics for $75 a year. It is a sample platter in a way. Any new comics you’re gonna have to buy. C’est la vie. Unless you budget for comics every month was only $6.99 it doesn’t really cut in too much to get full issues and learn what you like. Any other app only give 4 pages tops for a preview, 2 usually. But one thing is true that they do have full arcs of older strings. They expect you to read them and other stuff so they can learn what you like