Will DC Black Label Comics be featured in 2020?

I can’t help but wonder if the DCU will do anything special for all of the great Black Label comics that dropped in 2019? Last Knight on Earth? Harleen?? Superman: Year One??? (last god???) ?
What do you all think about this app doing something special for their great ass black label stories from this last year (and beyond)???

2 Likes

From.the Help.Desk

Will you have Vertigo, Milestone, Black Label, and other imprints?

While we are huge fans of the various imprints across DC, we are currently not going to be featuring Vertigo titles, and most other DC imprints. You may see some representation around the edges where exceptions are made, but these will be few and far between.

Joe • April 30, 2019 04:54

Also No.Graphic Novels like Earth One Watchmen.and Killing Joke

1 Like

I’d love to see it happen, but I doubt it will. The only reason why we have some Vertigo books like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing is because of the DCU shows. So MAYBE we might see Harleen come onto the service, but better to assume it won’t.

If you ask Applejack about it in the office hour in community events she might help you. If you post it there, she might let DC knows there are some people who would like to read those on here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Another factor is that when DC Universe got its huge Comic BooK Library.

DC Comics which actually publishes the comics placed restrictions on what could be library

Two reasons

To.stay in business

Minimize to.a degree the impact of the library on

Comixology which sells comic books digitally

The Local.Comic Book stores

Comixology.created Comixology Unlimited where many Vertigo.Titles can be borrowed for a monthly fee

Restrictions

No Vertigo or similar imprints

No Original .Graphic Novels like Earth One and Killing Joke

Comics come here after.a year

Certain.Trade Best Sellets that started as single issues where not allowed in.Library like

Watchmen
Mr Miracle
Batman White Knigjt

Appreciate all the feed back, and makes sense considering all of the information you all gave. I’m in no way bummed, I cant wait to explore what DCU will offer in the year to come, and now I know to collect the black label issues from my local shop :+1: (which I always do) Thanks again fam!

2 Likes