WildStorm Universe and House of Horror TV 2.5 - Army of Darkness!

It was always on Starz. I have all 3 seasons and have seen some of the first season but I got busy and didn’t come back to it.

The fact it doesn’t include Army of Darkness kind of makes me want to watch it more. I like that movie but I prefer things to be more horror than comedy.

2 Likes

Starz is still around. In addition to their original content, they’ve had a lock on the broadcasting rights for the MCU Spider-Man movies and Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Starz and Columbia must be buddies).

See, I’m not much of a horror guy.

When I do like horror stuff, its more often than not psychological-based, as the blood and guts stuff grosses me out. The fact that most slasher/violent horror movies are terrible from a filmmaking aspect is also a turn-off.

Now, horror-comedy hybrids where the B&G is set to “Spew!”, ala the first two Evil Dead movies, Shaun of the Dead, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, etc.? That is the kind of violent horror I can get behind!

I also enjoy stuff like The Cabin in the Woods. It was violent, but it also offered an interesting story with well-developed characters, something precious few horror movies centered on excessive violence (that don’t play it for laughs) offer.

2 Likes

I am the worst person to talk to in those regards, I am willing to watch the cheapest and worst made horror movies that are shot on video. With that said, there is something to be said about those cheap slasher movies. Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner, Kevin Bacon, and many, many more got their start in slasher movies. Then there is the behind the scenes side of things with Peter Jackson, James Gunn, and like the actors, that list goes on and on.

Sure, these might not be great or well made but these cinematic experiments help the greater good for many up and coming actors, directors, make-up artists and so on.

With all of that said, I am a firm believer comedy belongs in horror and the two are like an Arnold Palmer on a hot summer day. I do prefer more horror than comedy and movies like Shaun of the Dead are a perfect example of when the two mesh perfectly.

2 Likes

And that’s where their value lies, for me. Everyone has to start at the bottom, after all.

Plus, as an MST3K fan, I love a good, cheap POS movie, because it provides ample opportunity for comedy.

QFT. Also, SOTD gets points for referencing the Batman soundtrack.

2 Likes

Have you seen Ingrid Goes West? The only good thing in that movie, imo, was the Batman Forever soundtrack and Batman Forever fan in the movie.

2 Likes

sits back and strokes his chin in thought

I don’t believe I have.

However, as an ardent fan of both Batman Forever and its two soundtracks (my fav U2 song of all time is on the “music from and inspired by” soundtrack), you have me intrigued.

Is the flick worth an MST-style roast?

2 Likes

It stars Aubury Plaza and leans towards drama.

2 Likes

Aubrey Plaza, eh? I like her.

As Batman said at the end of Batman Begins, “I’ll look into it.” :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Life After Beth is a fun watch if you haven’t seen it already.

2 Likes