Wildstorm Love

The gold woman is Mother One, from Wetworks.

The blonde guy is Backlash, the barechested feller above is Grunge (of Gen13 and New 52 Superboy) while I believe Deathblow is on the upper right side.

2 Likes

You have saved the day!!! It was killing me that I could not figure out those characters were. I literally searched for like 45 minutes on the Google machine and had lost all hope!

1 Like

Always glad to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad Wildstorm is getting some love. I have to say Midnighter is hands down my favorite Wildstorm character. He’s so badass, has some great stories, and him and his husband Apollo the best written relationship in comic book history.

3 Likes

I really like Gen 13 but have only read the first volume and that was forever ago. I have recently read Jet and thought that book was excellent. Voodoo vol 1 wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great. It was filled with Alan Moore zaniness so that was a plus.

Outside of that, my only real exposure to Wildstorm was in the mid-2000s when they had Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street and the Wildcats cartoon that is on Tubi.

1 Like

I was never enough into WildStorm to know the ins and outs of all the characters, but Bridget has always been my favorite visually.

2 Likes

Going by visual appeal, I’m an Exotica feller.

2 Likes

See, I’ve never even heard of Exotica. I’ll have to go a’Googlin’.

2 Likes

She’s a protagonist from Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday.

She’s also a principle reason for why I think green and purple is a :ok_hand:t2: combination.

2 Likes

That’s on here. Worth checking out?

2 Likes

As an ardent Jim Lee fan, it’s my all-time favorite work of his, plus my favorite Wildstorm title, so it’s absolutely worth a read.

There’s two one-shots that tie into it, which aren’t available as digital single issues yet, but you can still enjoy issues 1-12 just fine.

2 Likes

Sweet. That’ll be my weekend reading.

2 Likes

Can Dv8: Gods and Monsters get some love. It is one of the most underrated graphic novel of all time. Comparing it to other works from Wildstorm, it is right behind Planetary. If you haven’t read it, it’s about a group of teen superheroes who get transported to prehistoric times, and figure out hot to survive. You don’t need to read anything before hand, just jump right in. I couldn’t recommend it enough.

2 Likes

I believe this is on DCU. I read issue 1 of the original series today and plan on continuing the series in my rotation.

1 Like

Big fan of Majestros! The Nemesis series is I think my favorite story I’ve read with him, but I attribute that to my relative ignorance, haha!

1 Like

@Nether-Lohengrin I dig Majestros as well. The Superman crossover he was part of, Strange New Visitor (of which only one part, Action Comics #811, is available in digital right now) was fun.

Wildcats: Nemesis is quite fun too.

1 Like

Grifter is my all time favorite! I wish they had the whole Wildstorm back issue library on here. I run the Wildstorm Addiciton podcast on YouTube and we are gearing up to back track into the Wildstorm issues that are available.

5 Likes

Your podcast sounds fun, I’m going to check it out.

thank you!

1 Like

Yay. So many but offhand. Grifter.

Join WildStorm Universe on Facebook groups if you’re a fan!!!

2 Likes