Wildstorm Love

I couldn’t find a solid post for Wildstorm fans. Even dating back to the Image days, who is your favorite character from Wildstorm?

9 Likes

Woohoo, another Wildstorm fan in the house!

I absolutely love the Wildstorm imprint. So many wildly fantastic titles that are packed with unbridled fun and creativity.

Right now, I’d say my favorite Wildstorm characters are:

● Elijah Snow
● Exotica
● Jenny Sparks

My favorite Wildstorm books are:

● Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday
● The Authority v1
● Planetary

Speaking of Wildstorm, it’ll be interesting to see how Grifter fits into the post-Joker War landscape of Batman.

7 Likes

I’m not much of a WildStorm fan, but I gotta say that username rules.

4 Likes

I was always partial to Grifter.

3 Likes

@chintzybeatnik Grifter was my first favorite Wildstorm character, largely due to the WildC.A.T.S TV series, as well as his 5" scale action figure from the toyline that tied into it.

3 Likes

I liked OG Bliss, Hadrian & Void. Oh yesss, Sublime. Liked her look.

1 Like

The only old school Wildstorm I’ve read is Planetary and the first Authority series, but I loved the recent The Wild Storm reboot and its spin off series for Michael Cray. I’m really disappointed the follow up miniseries for WildC.A.T.s didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too. That was one of my most anticipated books of 2020.

sighs

Well, we’ll always have Planetary at least.

2 Likes

Really wish they’d put significant chunks of the OG WildC.A.Ts and Gen-13 series on this app!

4 Likes

Gen13 v1 is getting a new trade release next year, so I’m hopeful that means that we’ll get more of it in digital singles.

2 Likes

Didn’t that not happen because in turned out that the artist had not drawn any of it?

2 Likes

Maybe, I don’t recall offhand. I know that Jim Cheung was doing the covers, and I would have preferred him on interiors.

1 Like

Just finished my re-read of WildC.A.T.S 1-12. I’d love to see the whole original series get added to this site as well as the original Gen-13 series!

4 Likes

I’m Voodoo, Caitlin Fairchild, Sarah Rainmaker, Zealot, Burnout & Grunge for the males. Also Apollo & Midnighter on males plus a ship with them. Grifter & Jenny Sparks & I’ll shut up now haha.

2 Likes

Big fan of the original Deathblow series. So much so that I had Jim Lee sign a copy of Deathblow #1. I really disliked how his character was treated later. Through that original series I was also introduced to Grifter, Backlash, and Dane who are all cool characters as well.

Otherwise, I also love Planetary. Great series. Elijah Snow is awesome.

2 Likes

Planetary is easily one of my all-time favorites. It’s absolutely fantastic in every way.

2 Likes

Freefall and Backlash are my favorites.

4 Likes

All of the Team 7 members are solid gold! Backlash, Grifter, Deathblow, Alex Fairchild, Dane (Wetworks), and Lynch too.

Honestly my top 10 favorites are:
Savant (Wildcats)
Nemesis (Wildcats)
Dane (Wetworks)
Pilgrim (Wetworks)
Backlash
Taboo
Grifter
Blackbird (Wetworks)
Lynch (Gen13)
Fairchild (Gen13)

4 Likes

I love Midnighter! I read the 2015 midnighter series and wanted to know more about him, that’s how i got into stormwatch. I’m still in the process of reading wildstorm comics, but for now the authority are my favorite!

4 Likes

@Vroom bi-Wan Kenobi I need your help!
I started reading DV8 and I am at a loss for who the characters who have red arrows next to their names are:

If this helps any, this is on page 19 of 35 of DV8 issue 1.

1 Like