💥 🐱 WildC.A.T.S (2022-2023) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) 🐱 💥

“Let’s roar, C.A.T.S!”

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of WildStorm, Jim Lee’s famed imprint that originally debuted at Image Comics in 1992 and then became a part of DC in 1999, the signature WildStorm team returns on November 8th in WildC.A.T.S #1, written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art and main cover by Stephen Segovia.

As the new C.A.T.S work the shadows of the DC Universe, what’s their first mission?

Take down the Court of Owls. No big whoop. :smile_cat:

Are you a fan of WildStorm, and wildly excited for the return of their signature superteam?

Is WildStorm entirely new to you and you’re wondering “What’s so wonderful about WildStorm?”

If that’s you, check out one of the WildC.A.T.S’ signature members, Grifter, as he appeared in Batman: Urban Legends:

Either way, WildC.A.T.S #1 is a great starting point for you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:, so get wild and share your thoughts on the book!

“And now, we cue the music.”

5 Likes

Kitties!!!

Here’s a look at variants for WildC.A.T.S #1 that will make you say “Kitty!”:

Jim Lee

Artgerm

Ben Oliver

Embossed '90s variant by Brett Booth

The above, but w/o the embossed overlay.

Jeff Spokes (1:25 ratio)

Alan Quah (1:50)

Dan Hipp (1:100)

1 Like

Kitty
Kitty
Kitty
Kitty
Kitty
Kitty
Kitty
Kitty

1 Like

Answer me this, @MatthewHecht: Will you be reading WildC.A.T.S #1?

I know it debuts the same day as The New Golden Age #1, but there’s always room for WildStorm (and Jell-O, per Peter Venkman).

2 Likes

Is Ted Grant going to be there?

1 Like

Yes, yes he will be.

waves to actor Ted Knight as he walks by

1 Like

“Here’s the facts, we got powers to the max!” :joy::joy::joy:

Can’t wait to pick up issue 1 this week!

2 Likes

Maybe first story is about Void’s quest for a face.

1 Like

1995 May wildstorm rising by barry windsor smith

1 Like

:joy:

Classic TV animation songs. Rao love 'em!

Likewise. WildC.A.T.S #1 is my second-most anticipated book of this week (after The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special), and as a big WildStorm geek, it’s great to see the 'C.A.T.S back in action.

Are you getting the A/main cover, or one of the variants (or a combination)?

2 Likes

1996 Wildstorm by Jim Lee and other artists

2 Likes

:kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:

Keep the artistic goods flowin’, please!

2 Likes

One of the variants, but I haven’t made up my mind which one.

2 Likes

I’ve baited my hook for the '90s variant, since I’m buying the '90s variants for the other titles on my pull list that have them.

If those variants weren’t a thing, I’d absolutely go for the Jim Lee cover.

However, I plan on kicking some extra support the title’s way by also buying it in trade, so I’ll get Lee’s variant that way.

Fun Fact: I watched a few episodes of WildC.A.T.S last night to further my froth for this series, and that froth is now quite wild.

2 Likes

For those with Ultra, WildC.A.T.S #1 is now in our library:

Whether WildStorm is your jam or its brand-new to you, the above is a great jumping-on point!

1 Like

WildC.A.T.S #2 drops 12/13. Here’s a look at variant covers by Ben Oliver:

1 Like

Updated looks at all of the covers for WildC.A.T.S. #2:

Ben Oliver (now with apropos trade dress):

Stephen Segovia

And for kicks, the A cover:

2 Likes

Looking at these posts there is no denying that Wildstorm is king of badass variant covers.

1 Like

Being a creation of the badass artist of our time, Jim Lee, most certainly gives WildStorm an edge, no doubt.

1 Like