Why Wolfman and Perez's THE NEW TEEN TITANS Is a Must-Read

Today, author Eric Diaz has given us an in-depth look at what makes The New Teen Titans such an important work in comic book history.

Read with caution! There are a fair amount of spoilers to be had (albeit for a story now almost 40 years old- but still!).

You can find the article in today’s News section, or by following the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/why-wolfman-perez-new-teen-titans-must-read/

Have you read The New Teen Titans? Do you agree with Diaz’s thoughts on the comic, or have anything to add? What other comics might have tackled similar societal issues? Let us know in the comments below!

3 Likes

I’m a teen titan fan for life

1 Like

The Judas Contract is one of my favorite storylines in all of fiction. It pushed boundaries and wasn’t afraid to tell its story. Its mature themes resonate with me to this day. A classic story, 10/10 would recommend.

2 Likes

I read Judas Contract last week, Omg, it’s so good. I want them to do it in Titans

3 Likes

NTT is the book that made me pay attention to ‘who’ was writing and drawing comic books. Prior tho discovering the title [My first Issue, #9 on a spinner rack] I followed Characters and bounced from title to title, cover to cover haphazardly. NTT made me pay attention to those behind the scenes and then watch for and seek out other work by the creators. Personally I firmly plant the roots of the era of ‘superstar writers and artists’ right here in this title.

2 Likes

One of the best reads I’ve ever experienced. A true masterwork. Reverberates thru long after it’s run too. Still reading comics that show Donna & Terry’s wedding & full collages of Titans moments inked in the background.

1 Like

This is a geat book that I never really got to read much of before DC Universe. So awesome I got to read basically the whole run (technically not as it became a series reprinting the other teen titans book after what was on here, but close enough).

2 Likes

DanTheManOne1

Same here. I’d read it in sections & out of order, & if I had to guess I’d say I’d read it all. Was never positive tho. Was so nice to have em’ all on here & read them in order, & straight thru. Instead of reading an arc, then picking back up where I left off months later. It’s so much better when it’s all fresh in your mind.

Great read. Never would have read it if it wasn’t for this app and I wouldn’t have understood why a bunch of second rate copies of main heroes were so beloved. The characters and stories were treated seriously with character arcs and characters that grow and change while being a bombastic comic.