Why isn’t there any vertigo

Well, if they me that Vertigo trades are regular and decent sellers (which is true), and that’s why DC/Warner doesn’t want to put them on the app, ok. Any other excuse is poor. The branding on this app is confusing. Sure it’s DC Universe, but I’d vote for a Vertigo, and Mad sections. Design a different pricing structure. DC here and Vertigo as an add on. Disney+ doesn’t seem to have a problem with Mickey, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic on the same app.
They say the app is not for kids, but yet the old Shazam show and Filmation Batmans are there. Would love to have my kids see and read the old cartoons and comics, but I’m afraid that after reading Teen Titans they’ll wander into the new Titans show, and then Doom Patrol.
Anyway, it’s clearly a work in progress. Hoping for the best.

1 Like

I believe DC Universe would love to have absolutely everything, but they’re willing to sacrifice having most of Vertigo on the service in order to have all of the main DC Universe stuff, which, in the end, is the focus.

2 Likes

They kept Swamp Thing on, likely due to the show, but then they removed Grant Morrison’s Animal Man recently. I don’t get why it’d be taken off if it were on before. Maybe because it was Vertigo? I’d love to at least see Vertigo series that tie to DC’s universe be added: the old run on Hellblazer, for example.

1 Like

20,000+ DC comics is more than enough. Plus original series, animated TV shows, animated movies, live action movies, other short series, prize giveaways and more comics being added every week. Only for $8/per month or if you took advantage of the yearly, you can save more.

1 Like

Silly to advertise DCU and talk about what a great service it is; anyone who’s talking about it on here is clearly already a member. Personally, I agree that Vertigo content is a huge selling point for '90s DC, and it’s legitimately a little weird if they don’t have any of it. Personally, I’m hoping for Sandman Mystery Theatre!

But the idea that the Vertigo trades are such big sellers that they don’t want to impact their sales by putting those titles on here, well, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Fables and the comic version of IZombie would be cool to read on here too.