Why is that necessary?

I have enjoyed the Titans and Doom Patrol series so far. But why so much foul language? I don’t think I’m much of a prude, but why is there a need to drop F-bombs left and right? Dropping one every now and again and from certain characters I could see. But almost everyone and a LOT? I think there are better ways to express yourself. Just my opinion. Only complaint so far. I like the story telling and performances all around.

2 Likes

I agree totally. None of the F Bombs, the nudity, the drugs, nor rewriting Larry Trainor as a 50’s closet homosexual added any value to the story whatsoever. You could have made that same pilot leaving all of that out and not only would it have been as good a story, but it would have been much better. If the writers want to write a film with F Bombs, sex, nudity, and drugs, let them write one and try to sell it somewhere…good luck with that…but that is not and has never been what the Doom Patrol has ever been about. Obviously, I am not part of the target audience for this show so I will not be watching it. On a side note. There are a lot of parents out there who pay for this subscription for there kids or teenagers thinking , “Hey, DC Comics. That should be OK.” It’s not like you called this the Vertigo Universe.

The only ones who swore were Cliff and Jane. Not everything needs to add to the story or be necessary. It’s just there and the same if it wasn’t. Not that big of a deal

Larry being gay now is not an issue at all since at least they didn’t dwell on it much. He’s simply a closet gay and that’s it

1 Like

I thought Larry being gay in the 50’s was very interesting, living a lie, feeling like a monster on the inside.

2 Likes

Back then he would have truly felt felt like a monster than many men now. I guess it adds to his character is feeling like a freak besides the accident and bandages

2 Likes

I thought this show is so damn good and in my wheelhouse that I’m going to show it to the toughest critic I know…my conservative dad. He liked it until the scene with Larry making out with his boyfriend between the planes lol

I personally like it. I don’t find it gratuitous at all. It just falls in line with my “adult” sensibilities. I’ve seen worse on Dexter. Doom Patrol is tame compared to that.

Spent 20 years in the US Army, put me in a robot body and I’ll cuss a storm in more than one language.

That’s kind of how a large amount of people talk … not a big deal

1 Like

I’ve sure shown around the community that cussing is a regular part of my vocabulary as any other word. Put me in a situation like Cliff and I’ll cuss like It a about to become illegal!

I’m straight but support the gay community. Sex is so normal to me that seeing a guy’s ass or seeing two dudes make out doesn’t phase me at all.

If a movie or show were to be made about me, it would all be necessary to be accurate!

@rtryals I am one of those parents you speak of, except I take responsibility for what my child consumes. I think that responsibility lies on the parents, not the creators. This app is incredible, because I get to share cartoons from my childhood with my daughter. We get to watch a brand new high quality cartoon in Young Justice together. And I get to watch adult content made in the fantasy universe I love. I have the power and the responsibility to check in on my daughter and monitor the content she consumes, just like every parent should.

I hope that DC Universe makes more family friendly content, but I don’t know why that should stop them from making this wonderful adult content that so many of us are enjoying.

5 Likes

We’re looking forward to releasing robust and clear parental controls in the future, which will help filter content for those who wish to ensure mature content is not recommended to them.

2 Likes

Hey that reminds me, when is the next community features update? I’m sure you all have something good in development and get close to a release window

We still have at least 3.5 months until launch, the contract/negotiations part of things is dumbslow. Then of course there’s building it, integrating it, and the QA process on every platform… sigh
That being said, there is work being done every day to prepare for the launch. This includes the work we’re doing with the current community forums to mold a positive and safe environment (still gotta do the job as it lays), and then the fun future planning stuff: Designing the interface, and the blueprints, like leadership tiers, private lounges, custom badges, and custom emojis.

Feel free to visit the Office Hours thread in the Watchtower board to ask more detailed questions, if you’re interested in hearing more.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. It’ll be like christmas morning when it finally releases!

1 Like

I agree with @bneyed, it’s not on the creators to make the show appropriate for children or to shelter them. That ultimately falls to the parent.

3 Likes

I agree it’s the parents responsibility to pay attention to their kids entertainment. Entertainers entertain, parents parent. A remarkably simple thing.

5 Likes