Why Is Everyone Trashing Titans Now That Doom Patrol Is Out?

A lot of us disliked Titans long before Doom Patrol came out. So what’s new.

3 Likes

A major issue of Titans is that every other episode of it is set up for other characters other than the main cast and as a result the main cast feel underdeveloped to me. Hawk and Dove, Doom Patrol, Jason Todd, and Donna Troy all have episodes dedicated to them, and all take away time that could be used to develop the core cast. Also, they need to get rid of that god awful blue filter. It gives the show a bland, dreary look and while I get that the show is supposed to be dark, it makes every location look the same. The posters for the show outside the US look a lot better because they added color and saturation to the images.

2 Likes

Another issue with Titans that still baffles me in particular is the Asylum episode. Dick realizes that he is the one to blame for his violence then beats up a security guard and tells Starfire it all has to end, essentially saying his violent nature must end. In which he tells Starfire to blow up the Asylum, which is seemingly full of unconscious doctors, patients, and guards. So apparently, Dick Grayson’s solution to ending his violence is blowing up and killing people just doing their jobs?

2 Likes

I like both. But we have time to critique Titans now cause they are gone for the season. I’ll watch when it comes back on.

@wiseman827.16480, perhaps what Dick was saying is that what needed to end was the asylum itself.

MACJR

A lot of us grew up with the Titans characters. So the Titans are like Winnie the Pooh characters to Nerds. We have expectations about them, we feel we know them, we love them, they are old friends. Doom Patrol, not many of us really knew it as much. So it’s a fresh slate. We have little expectations from them, and thus we given more latitude.

Teens titans is the bezt ever when i heard the were making a show called titans i was so happy i almost died

1 Like

To me, Titans was DC testing out what did and did not work in a streamingTV show. This was the first time they had done something like this so it was going to be a little unsteady. Given that, they did quite well. I’m rewatching Titans right now and it holds up with repeated viewings

3 Likes

honestly This ep of dp was only ok

2 Likes

I wanted to rewatch Titans last week… but couldn’t get past 10 mins in episode 1. On the other hand… I have rewatched ever Doom Patrol episode twice.

2 Likes

I Just didn’t like Titans ever.

I love Doom Patrol Though.

1 Like

Doom Patrol blows it out of the water. DP embraces its roots, while Titans does everything it can to not resemble the source material.

Titans has had its fair share of critics since the first trailer launched back at Comic-Con. I don’t think Doom Patrol has anything to do with that. Personally I love them both. Even if I do believe that Titans needs to lighten up a bit.

1 Like