Why do the DC Animated films ignore Tim Drake?

sorry my last comment was wrong sorry

1 Like

Again, Tim Drake is my favorite Robin. It sucks he got tossed aside for Damian, he still had so much room for growth. I really recommend his original 3 miniseries and the original Young Justice.

6 Likes

Great Question!

2 Likes

:clap:t5::clap:t5: Here, here Zombedy, KelticJedi, and Comicbookjerk.

2 Likes

Jason Todd becoming the Red Hood has made him a more fascinating character than Tim Drake. At least to a great number of fans. Drake fans donā€™t want to face that fact. I didnā€™t originally like Jason Todd. And in some ways, I like Tim Drake more, but Tim Drakeā€™s story is just not as interesting as Jasons. His tragedy changes everything, even his beginning as Robin now becomes more interesting because we can see the glimpses of what will eventually cause his down fall. Personally, I consider Grayson to be the best of all the Robins, both as Robin and the moments when he is Batman. I donā€™t mind cannon saying Tim Drake is the smartest of the bunch because that doesnā€™t make him the best. The saying ā€œThe Whole is Greater than the sum of Itā€™s Partsā€ is most appropriate here. Grayson has better instincts, street smarts, and physical abilities. In fact, each of the Robins including Damian Wayne has elements that make them interesting. Originally, Todd was the least interesting. Now with the Red Hood persona as part of Jasonā€™s Lore, it makes him more interesting than Tim Drakeā€¦but thatā€™s only my opinion.

There is one item with regards to Tim that I call total BS though. Figuring out the identities of Batman and Robin the way he did is not impressive. Anyone at the Circus that night who showed interest in following the doings of the Flying Graysons & the Dynamic Duo might have and could have easily and eventurally made that connection. I wish fans would quit using that as a reason for putting Drake on a Detective Pedestal. Like I said before, I donā€™t mind Canon saying heā€™s the smartest detective of the Robins, just that figuring out the identities the way he did is not a good reason for saying he is. Detective Work like he did in ā€œBattle for the Cowlā€ is a far better indicator of his ability than saying itā€™s because he figured out the identities of B & R. Itā€™s like saying I figured out the identity of Superman by watching Clark Kentā€¦and then noticing they look alike (similar to Graysonā€™s being able to do a quadruple somersault). That doesnā€™t make me a Detective Geniusā€¦just someone who noticed a similar trait. Okay, just wanted to get that out there. Other than that I like the character. And I love the relationship between him and Grayson both in the Nightwing series (especially the Chuck Dixon era), and in Young Justice. And I love the way Grayson watches out for him because of what Happened to Jason Todd. I love the line ā€œJust donā€™t Dieā€¦Okayā€. Now there is a perfect example of the Jason Todd tragedy enhancing the Bat Universe.

6 Likes

He was featured in the Batman Unlimited movies.

1 Like

The main problem is he is not adapted well.

The Batman unlimited movies that I watched religated him to bumbling comic relief, and I donā€™t think he even had lines in Batman: Ninja. Though to be fair Damien was done terribly in that as well.

BTAS tried an amalgam of Robin 2 and 3 because they couldnā€™t beat a kid to death on a Saturday morning. What they ended up with was a generic kid sidekick. Who lacked the attitude of Jason but also Tims intellect

They did the same with him and Dick in YJ. Which strengthened Dickā€™s character. At the same time it made Timā€™s defining characteristic that heā€™s unsure of himself. In their defense though they at least showed that he is a fully capable leader even if it is one episode per season.

2 Likes

The new animated movies seem to just really want push Damien Wayne. So they removed Tim and Jason to both simplify the stories and to make Damien more tolerable as a character.

Heres the thing, we literally voted for Jason to die, he was that unlikable. Nobody asked for him to come back. It was a cool twist, no doubt, but that whole Superboy bringing him back by ā€œpunching realityā€ because he and Alexander Luthor think they know better than Jim Starlin, was TERRIBLE.
I admittedly havent given Damian much or a chance, but I find him absolutely insufferable. He is completely unrelatable and behaves (from what Iā€™ve seen) nothing like a child. He seriously just comes off as the ultimate edgelord to me.
Tim earned his skills, respect, and costume. Damian got shoved down our throat and came pre-packaged with ninja skills and degrees in adavanced engineering and economicsā€¦because genetic enhancementsā€¦neat-o. ā€œHere, you get to be Robin so I can keep an eye on youā€ " Weā€™re brothers now, Timā€¦but f-off, this asshat is the new robinā€¦for reasons".
Damian is practically op and I wouldnt be surprised if they had him capable enough to drop Superman with his own synthetic kryptonite he Macgyverā€™d out of common household items.

7 Likes

Tim Drake is in Young Justice.
Tim Drake has been in Batman Unlimited.
Tim Drake suffered badly at the hands of The Joker in the DCAU.
Drake is not a crap Robin. Heā€™s very developed in comics, and unfortunately not in film.
I donā€™t understand why Drake gets the snub.

7 Likes

The DC Animated Movie Universe started with Flashpoint (the ending) and has included War, Son of Batman and so on. Basically almost every animated movie that is released takes place in this new universe, but not all of them. Either Drake does exist and heā€™s kept in the shadows or something bad happened to him that Batman wonā€™t talk about or he just doesnā€™t existā€¦yet.
I feel in time, weā€™ll see him. It could even start in Batman:Hush

1 Like

Being kept in the shadows qould make a whole lot more sense since Tim Drake was the most secret Robin due to having a family outside his association with Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I think it makes for an intresting DC Animated film if they do indeed plan on introducing him in the future.

I will say Flashpoint establishes Canom for all the DC Films before it. Because Red Hoods plot basically ends without a conclusion in the comicsā€¦ Then starts doing some wierd time jumpsā€¦

And Batman Unlimited totally doesnā€™t take place in the same Universe as stuff like Public Enemies or anything after Flash pointā€¦

I want him in the film animated film Universe he seems to be left outā€¦And even Batgirl the Killing Jokeā€¦

1 Like

I feel Jason is the Robin they swept under the rug for a while because of his aggressiveness. Dick and Tim are actually the more kid-friendly Robins and are the ones who got the most featured in shows (The New Batman Adventures and Young Justice) and Iā€™m pretty sure Tim was the Robin in the Batman: Mystery of The Batwoman movie. All 4 of them were in Batman Ninja, though I wish the first movie featuring all of them was part of the continual DC animated universe movies.

Tim Drake in the DCAU was amalgam of his comic namesake and Jason Todd. Even though I like that Tim, I donā€™t consider him the real deal. I would love to see Tim Drake better represented in all media. Heā€™s arguably the most loved Robin (heā€™s my favorite), so his character most definitely deserves it.

5 Likes

Besides having living family members, Tim is the mist vanilla Robin. I did like that first Chuck Dixon mini series though. But other than that he has just bored me, and this goes back to before Jason was resurrected or Damian created. When Stephanie replaced Tim I thought that was cool.

Just watched the new trailer for Batman:HUSHā€¦Again they ignored Tim Drakeā€¦It has become pretty sad :frowning:

Almost all of them. Thats a damn shame too.

1 Like

The best Tim Drake animated appearance is in Superman The Animated Series, episode 43. ā€œKnight Timeā€.

2 Likes

Heā€™s in The Judas Contract.

Nope thatā€™s not him.