Why did Dick do that? [TITANS SPOILER]

Is there really any practical reason behind beating the poo out of two cops. How can that really help him…

1 Like

It wasn’t supposed to help him. He wants to go to prison to isolate himself and make him unable to reassemble the Titans. That way, he’ll keep them safe.

3 Likes

Sorry, this is kind of a long answer and mainly just my opinion but I hope this helps! So as we see in episode 7, Dick is starting to lose it. We see him not only hallucinating his mentor and having full on conversations with him. I imagine the way his closest friends all reacted to his confession of guilt also did a number on him so he went to confess that guilt to Jericho’s mother only to find Slade there who throws his victory in his face and then threatens to destroy everything he loves left in the world. At this point, Dick psyche is in tatters and he sees himself only as a poison to those around him so he decides to try to get as far away as he could from everyone. At some point I believe that he realized that he wouldn’t be able to keep himself away so he decided that the only way he would be able to keep those he love safe is if he was locked away. I believe it was at this point he attacked the police officers so he could keep his friends “safe”. I hope this answers your question!

5 Likes

I think Jericho is the secret villain of the season. I think he’s been body hopping and doing weird things to the people that hurt him. If you look at the record store scene, the man that bought the record that Jericho jumped in didn’t seem to realize it wasn’t him doing that. I think Jericho has been tormenting the Titans since they went back to the Tower.

6 Likes

Heck dropping a bag in the middle of an airport and walking away is enough to send a guy to prison.

7 Likes

What I hated about the episode was the fact that they just had SB murdering cops left to right. That wasn’t cool.

1 Like

He didn’t murder them

1 Like

Good answers y’all. I just cant wait to see how Dick copes in prison and how he eventually gets out.

3 Likes

I think so, too. Another thing is why isn’t Jericho’s mom tormenting Slade about the estranged relationship/trying to kill his sister? I think somehow it might be connected? Maybe?

I have a feeling Bruce might make that happen sooner then later. Then, after a mentor / protege moment, we might see that final character growth to Nightwing.

3 Likes

Well blowing them up kind of seemed unnecessary. Dick held back though. He didn’t really hurt the men that he fought. SB on the otherr hand flat out destroyed them. Even if they survived their car exploding they would have serious burns over their bodies that would leave them scarred for life.

2 Likes

@mroshi13.45250 I think Dick still feels guilty for what happened and wasn’t punished by the courts for what happened to Jericho to go to jail/prison for his actions and to protect his friends but more than likely Bruce will pull strings and get him out or he will break out some how to get back to the tower

2 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord I think the reason why SB went crazy on the cops is for a few reasons, he’s body is that or a young man and he’s really smart from what we can tell but he was in a Pod for most of his life till recently and actually hasn’t really gotten to learn and understand everything and how it works like he knows what something is but not the right steps to take and he just wanted to help the guy but didn’t know he should have left that to the cops and been more calm and once he heard gunfire it made him think of being on the farm at lex’s dads house and I think some of that anger he has comes from Lex and obviously his power from Superman just needs to learn to control it like he did in Young Justice, even in that SB got pretty angry sometimes and didn’t control it.

2 Likes

My only issue is that Slade has killed both an Atlantean and many Amazons but neither has come after him for retribution. These are both warrior races and yet known has come after Slade. How can this either be a reality that has two warrior races not going after him. And when did Slade become so powerful that he is able to take out so many Amazons with ease. I think that the writer has taken to much editorial license. Diverge way pass what the abilities of Slade has.

4 Likes

In trying to make it be a superhero story that fits into our today’s reality, you are really diminishing the abilities of the superhero characters. Star Fire can’t fly. Garth can only change into a Tiger. Star Fire and Black Fire whole story line has changed from what it was in the comics and really doesn’t compute to why if Star Fire left to stop Raven and when that purpose was over, why not return her to her home world. In the comics she was running because Black Fire had sold her into captivity so that she could rule her people, not Black Fire using her absence to instrument a Coo that gave her ruling control. Also the whole back stories have more soap opera drama and less Super Hero Drama. The villains are always 2 to 10 steps ahead of the super heroes, with them never really winning. Everyone knows everyone secret identities so what the hell is the purpose of costumes?

1 Like

“Why did dick beat up two cops?”

To get to the other side :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t think Slade is actually trying to kill Rose, that’s probably what she thinks but it’s not supported by anything we’ve seen.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing

3 Likes

i will find out in 6 days i guess

1 Like

Are we ever going to see NightWing? Are we ever going to see more action and less talking? I feel like this show is Turning into a soap opera rather than anything else. drama, drama, drama, and very little action.

1 Like