why can't I find any Sgt Rock comics?

I want to read Sgt Rock comics, anyone know why there aren’t any?

3 Likes

That’s a really good question. The answer by this point is that the classic war comics probably haven’t been translated to a digital format yet. If there’s a demand for them, it’ll happen.

What I can tell you is that Joe Kubert’s 2006 Sgt. Rock miniseries, Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy, will be up here later this week!

4 Likes

The other option is AMERICA at WAR: The Best of DC War Comics, edited by Michael Uslan. There may be used copies available on eBay or Amazon. Billy Tucci’s Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion is also a good read, along with Sgt. Rock: Between Hell & A Hard Place (Joe Kubert & Brian Azzarello).

1 Like

There are a few coming this week.

1 Like

They are finally add some next week They need to add more

1 Like

Add Haunted Tank as well

1 Like

The War that Time Forgot is coming, which if I remember right,has a lot of classic combat characters

1 Like

Ok great, thanks for. letting me know

1 Like

I with you man! I love Sgt Rock and would be happy to see some issues added to this site

2 Likes

I hope they add all of the Big 5 DC War titles. Our Army at War/Sgt. Rock, Star Spangled War Stories/Unknown Soldier, All American Men of War, Our Fighting Forces and GI Combat. Lots of good stories in those titles and being digital I don’t have to read my copies as I collect them. Also I would like to see the 70s war titles too…Men of War, Blitzkrieg and Weird War Tales.

5 Likes

I’ll always go superheroes first, but man those old war books were top shelf. Some of the best worked on those.

1 Like

Don’t forget the one that flipped the script: Enemy Ace!

2 Likes

DCUniverse is limited to what DC has digitized for Comixology.

The war and horror titles haven’t been much of a priority, and the fantasy books have barely been represented (Amethyst and Arion are up, but no Arak and only two issues of the long running Warlord series).

The best place to voice a desire for content would be to DC Comics, themselves, as they are the ones that choose what to digitize before sending to Comixology and then to here.

1 Like

To everyone, thank you all for helping! I’m going to eventually be moving this over to the “Support & Feedback section,” tunaguy69.30571, but in addition to what was mentioned, as @LeonardoMyst touched on, I’ll be sharing your interest in such with the team so they’ll know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The war books had great stories and AMAZING art. I hope they can get them up here.

1 Like

They have a few Sgt Rock comics now Just do a search on the comic section

1 Like