why cancel swampthing series

Why cancel a show that is meant to be this one of DC comics best just one of them not saying the others boom but come on not ever youngsters is going to understand it but real old school fans will please stop the cancellation and give us more seasons

5 Likes

My God I just watched episode 1 & 2 and holly swamp sh*t!!! This is By far the best show I have seen in…well…since FOREVER!!! There is so many directions they can take with this series!!! Cross overs, team ups, and stand aliens. Much better than teen titians and whatever that Superman’s grandpa crap is! Keep Swamp thing going!!!

5 Likes

Also sad to see Swamp Thing get the axed. It was the main show that got me to join the streaming site when it launched. I was also hoping they would continue the Constantine series so we got a decent conclusion to season one. Instead of the lame explanation of what happened when he popped up in Arrow.

3 Likes

@trevormurray Did you watch the latest season of Legends of Tomorrow?

1 Like

Once again, SWAMP THING was canceled because it became a big money hole which DC simply couldn’t afford. It isn’t that DCU doesn’t care. New shows are coming out soon.

In other words, quitchergriping and appreciate what we ARE getting.

1 Like

Naw… continue to gripe. Let DC know what you “THE FANS” want. Swamp Thing is what I’ve been waiting for since the app launched… they broke this fan boys heart…

1 Like

I love Swamp Thing so much! The two episodes released have been simply amazing. So of course the news of its cancellation was devastating to me. I was really hoping for an Animal Man crossover like in the comics. Who knows if we’ll ever get that though.

2 Likes

It’s a really good show. If it is unaffordable I hope WB/DC partners with someone who can help out and partner to continue it. The actors are great, and so are the special effects.

1 Like

This was the number one show I was excited for on this app. I was planning on starting to watch once there were a few episodes to binge. Now I’m not going to bother and I’m mad I did the year of DC. Cancelled but I’m stuck through February.

2 Likes

I concur, let DC know what the fans think.

This fan is glad they are NOT doing a second season of ST and are being judicious with how they are spending money and keeping within cost structures of the DCU content they create. That shows me a commitment to the long term health of DCU.

The guy calling the shots at Warner Media is an AT&T phone guy, not a media guy, he came in after all of the DCU decisions were made. Just a wild guess, but I doubt a phone guy cares at all about what comic book fans want. When I was working at GM, every time a new executive came in he would cancel what ever the old guy did just so he could put his own stamp on things and say see what I did. I think there is a good chance that swamp thing got cancelled just because it wasn’t the new boss’s decision. Yes, things like that do happen in the business world.

Most likely it got cancelled because they didn’t feel the show is profitable. There could be a lot of reasons it wasn’t, but almost all shows are cancelled because they are not deemed profitable whether that means because ratings are low and they can’t sell add revenue, the toys it was based on that it was supposed to help sell are not selling so they pull out from helping pay for the show, the tax breaks it got were not as good or they can no longer get them which they counted on to help pay for the show (not saying that is what happened here since I don’t know, but it can be a reason), or a streaming deal in the US or abroad that was planned to help fund the show is no longer applicable.

It could be what BrightKnight said we don’t know, but usually it is due to someone deciding it cost more money to make then what the show would make for the company. In the end shows exist to make money, no matter what critical acclaim it gets or what kind of praise fans give if it is losing a company money it will eventually be axed.