Whose Voices Do You Read Comic Characters As?

Myself- Normally Conroy. Loeb’s Batman has Keaton’s voice, and some accidental comedies have Arnett’s voice.

Clark- Newbern

Wonder Woman- Eisneberg

Flash (Wally)- Rosenbaum

Flash (Jay)- Chris Reeves

Wildcat- PawPaw

Green Lantern (Hal)- Josh Keaton

Green Lantern (Alan)- Sam Neil

Hawkman- Harrison Ford

J’onn- Carl Lumbly

Stargirl- Alyson Court

STRIPE- Luke Wilson

Atom Smasher- Bruce Dinsmore

2 Likes

I hear Troy Baker as Jason Todd, especially because Dexter Soy has drawn Jason in both RHATO Rebirth and Arkham Knight Genesis, so both versions look almost exactly the same (and it even matches up with how he looks in the game when he has his face reveal). However, I hear Jensen Ackles when I read the classic Under the Red Hood. Red Hood:The Lost Days… that one gets harder for me, but I think I hear more of his voice from his Injustice 2 DLC (mostly because that story takes place over about 5 or so years based on the post crisis timeline).

2 Likes

Most bats stuff is the Arkham cast.
Others are injustice.
Red hood is utrh
Flash is flashpoint

If the comic is based off a show film or game then I’ll use those voices.

It pretty much happens naturally and I don’t even realize it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Superman has been Christopher Reeve for decades.*
Batman will always be Kevin Conroy.
Wally is Michael Rosenbaum.
Diana is Linda Carter.
Lois is Teri Hatcher,
Clancy Brown and Mark Hammil were born to be the voices of Lex Luthor and The Joker.
And Dennis Haysbert is most definitely in my head as Kilowog.
*But sometimes I hear George Reeves when I am reading Superman. That’s my childhood breaking through.

2 Likes

I hear Kevin Conroy as Batman too. The exception is if I am reading a Silver Age comic book or Batman '66, in which case Batman sounds like Adam West.

2 Likes

I get that @mercurie80. When I am reading Silver Age Superman stuff that’s when I sometimes hear George Reeves in my head.

1 Like

It’s George Reeves’s voice I hear when I read Silver Age Superman comics too. When I read Golden Age Superman comics, it’s Bud Collyer.

1 Like

Most of these are people who’ve played them, but some of them I…genuinely have no idea where they came from. Without further ado, here are by headcanon voices for the Rebirth-Era Suicide Squad:

Amanda Waller: For some reason- I genuinely don’t know why- she sounds like Queen Latifah as “Matron Mama Morton” from Chicago. It helps that they have…similar occupations? They’re both corrupt women in charge of a group of prisoners but they give off completely different vibes.
Harley Quinn: Margot Robbie. She just is.
Captain Boomerang: Hugh Jackman as the Easter Bunny in Rise of the Guardians
Deadshot: Michael Rowe, who played him in Arrow
Killer Croc: Basically Robby Benson in Beauty and the Beast.
June Moone: Cate Blanchett. As in normal Cate Blanchett.
Enchantress: Cate Blanchett as Galadriel during the “ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR” scene from Lord of the Rings
Katana: Rila Fukushima, who played her in Arrow
Rick Flag: Joel Kinnaman
El Diablo: Basically Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender, for some reason
Killer Frost: Danielle Panabaker. While I don’t care for how The Flash adapted Caitlin whatsoever, especially in later seasons, I do still associate Danielle with the character.

1 Like

Doctor Fate’s Petey the Demon/Dog

Mel Brooks
th-12

1 Like

Batman: Kevin Conroy
Super man the guy from injustice
Wonder woman: gal Gadot
Aquaman: the dude from injustice or Jason Momoa
Shazam: Shazam fro the DCEU
Green lantern: the guy from injustice
The flash: Ezra miller

1 Like

Also I love the relatable fact that we read characters with certain voices in mind :joy:

2 Likes

That is George Newbern for Superman

2 Likes

Oh thx

1 Like