Whose Voice Do You Hear?

Jay Garrick: Harrison Ford
Barry Allen: Michael Bell (Duke in G.I. JOE (1980s cartoon)
Wally West: Stan Kirsch (Richie Ryan on Highlander the Series)
NuWally: Chris Rock (around the time he did his bit part in Beverly Hills Cop II)
Bart: Justin Whalen (Jimmy Olsen from Lois and Clark the new Adventures of Superman )

1 Like

Harrison ford as Jay Garrick. Sir, I like the way you think

3 Likes

Adam West as the Golden Age/Silver Age Batman

3 Likes

I always hear the voice actors from the Justice League Animated Series, myself. I think because their performances were so heavily based in their unique voices and inflections, it’s a very easy association.

5 Likes

Anytime I read anything with Amanda Waller, I totally hear CCH Pounder’s voice in my head!

3 Likes

@superby1 Good call on CCH Pounder. Her and Viola Davis are my Waller voices.

3 Likes

I cannot read Batman without hearing Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. I wouldn’t change it though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doing some less common characters, I had these thoughts:

Maxwell Lord – especially when he’s more on his villain stage, I had the voice of the guy who plays Handsome Jack in the Borderlands games. Here’s an example from the game – the whole video is a little spoilery if you haven’t played it, but I linked to a moment that isn’t as much. https://youtu.be/SxcOAh6h2b0?t=229

2 Likes

Huh, I tend to imagine Max as sounding kind of like Martin Sheen (think The Illusive Man from Mass Effect).

1 Like

I can hear April Bowlsby now when I read silver age doom patrol

Oh yeah, I definitely hear the DCU Doom Patrol whenever I read them in the books.

I like to imagine Johnny young Bosch as Jason Todd idk why but it seems right

Batman-Kevin Conroy
Superman-idk his name but the one from the animated series (the 90s one)
Lex Luthor- lex luthor will always be Mr. Krabs lol. Micheal Rosenbaum is great but the guy that voiced lex in the animated universe has always been the best one in my book.

1 Like

For golden and silver age narration boxes, I imitate the Superfriends narrator voice.

1 Like

Regarding Maxwell Lord, there isn’t a definitive actor that comes to my mind when I read him, just a voice that’s an amalgam of assorted arrogant bastards from movies and TV.

1 Like

Heston’s but that’s just for Batgirl

1*z8OnJusfEkkiOyGVdV_Huw.png

1 Like

I always hear heath ledgers joker voice when I am reading joker stories

For Batman, it varies, depending on the type of story. It’s mainly Kevin Conroy, but more recently I’ve been hearing Jason O M, with the more recent Comic Arcs.

I don’t hear any known voices. I started reading comics before most animation, maybe super friends had started. So I made up the voices myself.

For most characters, it’s usually their B:TAS, S:TAS, JL/JLU, Teen Titans or YJ voice actors I hear, except for a few.

For young Batman (Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory and Zero Year) I usually hear Roger Craig Smith (because he sounds like a young Conroy).

For Brainiac, it’s either Jeffrey Combs or James Spader (in his Ultron voice).

For Darkseid, David Sobolov (Injustice 2, Batman: BatB and Young Justice) is what I hear.

For Captain Cold, all I hear is Wentworth Miller

For Starfire, Kari Wahlgreen (from the animated movies)

Professor Zoom/Reverse-Flash always sounds like C Thomas Howell

Barry Allen - Justin Chambers

Hal Jordan - Nathan Fillion