Who's Your Favorite Under-Rated Superhero

Okay, I have to add another to the list as I’ve been reading other characters a lot lately trying to broaden my horizons, and I have to say ZATANNA!!! Like why is she not a bigger character? Why does she not have a solo? Why is she relegated to JL Dark and never the leader (when she really should be) and why is it called JL Dark and not the Sentinels of Magic which is essentially what it is? Paul Dini’s run for her beck in 2010 is EVERYTHING!!! It combined the dark side of magic needed for superhero comics as well as the fantastical side of magic you’d find in like a fantasy novel or something which is really needed IMO. Gave me Tim Burton vibes a little bit and now I wanna see him do Zatanna.

1 Like

I have to say Sideways was the ONE character I actually wanted to read when the “new age of heroes” started. But then after all the previews I never heard anything about them ever again and there I was waiting to hear how the first arcs went before I jumped in. So I never got the chance.

3 Likes

Do we all have four hours for me to explain how wonderful Big Barda is?

5 Likes

I really hope he reappears in an ongoing series, or even better in his own again

4 Likes

Agreed!

3 Likes

It’s a great series! Highly recommend!

3 Likes

Stephanie Brown! Always and forever. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m gonna cheat and name two actually. Number one is Katana and second Zatanna. Zatanna seems popular enough to have an ongoing for sure.

2 Likes

It’s like asking me to pick a favorite child! I can’t just pick one. However, out of the choices you provided, Green Arrow all the way!

I really appreciate the social commentary that he has been so aligned with over the years.

More than most, Green Arrow does a great job of reflecting real world issues…with plenty of martial arts and bow action added for flavor.

3 Likes

Impulse, there’s waaaaaaaaay too many speedsters in the DCU for him to get the spotlight again, but he deserves the love . . .

2 Likes

Martian Manhunter. Why do I say he’s under-rated? He has the powers of a Kryptonian, along with Invisibility, Intangible, Shape Shifter and a myriad of Psionic powers. He’s a one man Justice League or Legion of Super Heroes. Yet he is always used as a conscious, or to link people telepathically, or they keep using the fire thing as a blocker. He’s never been regarded as that Superman level hero who comes in to save the day because of his power levels. Even in his one off series they’re never books that I’ve ever been interested in reading. Even in earlier iterations of the Justice League Superman and Green Lantern were thought of as the most powerful members of the league. In this current iteration of Justice League look at how powerful they considered him but then and only then by taking him away and merging him with Lex Luthor. Martian Manhunter can do more than any of them.

6 Likes

Powergirl. Shes a dope character and she hasn’t gotten a major book since 2009 (I’m pretty sure). Shes one of my favorite characters of all time.

4 Likes

Booster Gold all the way! I mean if I were a super-hero, I would be be Booster–if I were 40 years younger.

2 Likes

Firestorm (any of them)

4 Likes

Firestorm made more sense for the Justice League than Cyborg to be honest.

3 Likes

Black condor makes more sense than Cyborg.

2 Likes

sara from legend of tomorrow is my favorite under rated hero

2 Likes

I get why they decided to use him, what with all the technology these days, but I agree, I found it something of a surprise when I saw he was now an A-lister.

3 Likes

chesire(if she counts) but if it hass to be a super hero then ravenger idk

3 Likes

welcome to the community @PoisonCat24!

great choices btw!

2 Likes