• Red Robin
  • Oracle
  • Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
  • Mr. Miracle
  • Plastic Man
  • Other (let us know in the comments)

0 voters

11 Likes

COLLAPSER is in/on MY DC list, it does look pretty cool.

Favorite under-rated for me… Donny Fairchild from VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND.

4 Likes

Nightwing for sure. DC stays screwing him over to prop up the Bat title. They also stripped him of several skills and achievements and handed them to Tim like he’s basically a knock-off brand Dick - the silver spoon Robin. And now he is seen quite literally the butt of every joke.
Most people know OF his character but hasn’t taken the time to actually read him or get to know his character outside of the Batfam and their titles/stories where he’s basically the jobber, a plot device and gives them all these ideas of who is character is that just aren’t true. Fanon Nightwing is sadly more well know than actual canon Nightwing and DC in ways have played into Fanon for years now thinking it would make his character more popular. It has arguably done the opposite and degraded his status in the large scale DCU.

7 Likes

Voted for Mr. Miracle but I also love Midnighter. I wish he would be used more.

My favorite characters are not the trinity. I think those stories are so formulated and you know they can’t die; all the toys will be back in the toy box at the end of the day. With the B and C list characters there are actual stakes. Editorial does not care that much and things can more forward in a way the Trinity books cannot.

Downside: books are canceled at anytime and depending on the writer the character can be completely different.

5 Likes

I have to say Detective Chimp.

6 Likes

I don’t really know if Red Hood is underrated as much as he used to be anymore, so I went with Red Robin on this one… haven’t seen much merch on this :point_down:

Tim_Drake_New_52

7 Likes

Booster Gold!!!

10 Likes

YES! Great Character

4 Likes

All of the above plus EM :+1:

3 Likes

Definitely Sideways! I really wish they didn’t cancel his series so soon

5 Likes

I’m all in for Nightwing. Dick Grayson changes his identity periodically; Substitute Batman, Agent 37, Robin, Nightwing. His life (in the comics) is filled with tragedy. I was sold on Agent 37 for a small while, but Nightwing is my favorite character for him.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who likes Collapser?!?!

1 Like

Gonna have to say Impulse— aka Bart Allen. Definitely my favorite comic character, and underrated to boot!

5 Likes

Welcome @slytherclawrampant.47435

1 Like

Hope you have a good time here in the community!

I think my favorite underrated character might be Vic Sage, the Question.

I think Vic is often different enough from his later, slightly less obscure, counterpart, Charlie Szazs, that it feels like I rarely see Vic. Which… you know, maybe there are reasons for that, Ditko’s characters rarely stay true to his… unique vision once he leaves their creative team. But one way or another, I’m a big fan of the original Question.

2 Likes

Sideways!

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of him/her…

1 Like

Hmm I don’t know if he counts but Nightwing. I guess he’s more underrated by the actual comic creators because as far as I’ve seen he’s a major fan favorite. I dislike how lots of the time he’s kinda thrown to the side of that makes sense. But as far as characters in this poll probably Green Arrow. He’s super cool and no one ever seems to appreciate him

2 Likes

He’s great.
I personally loved the new age of heroes line, especially Sideways and Terrifics.

4 Likes

After decades of Marvel good-naturedly making Guys Like Superman (Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, Blue Marvel, etc.) I think it’s cool for DC to have a Guy Like Spidey. Too bad his series didn’t pick up much, but maybe he’ll stick around here and there over the years.

4 Likes