Who's Your Favorite Alternate Superhero

Who’s your favorite alternate version of a superhero? There will only be one version of a mainstream hero, but there will be an “other” option.

Who’s Your Favorite Alternate Superhero
  • Val-Zod (Superman)
  • Thomas Wayne (Batman)
  • Fury (Wonder Woman)
  • Avery Ho (The Flash)
  • Lois Lane (Red Tornado)
  • Breach (Captain Atom)
  • Power Girl (Supergirl)
  • Gypsy (Vibe)
  • Offspring (Plastic Man)
  • John Diggle (Green Lantern)
  • Connor Hawke (Green Arrow)
  • Ronald Evers (Cyborg)
  • Dragonson (Aquaman)
  • Nite-Wing (Nightwing)
  • Molecule (Atom)
  • Johann (Martian Manhunter)
  • Golden Eagle (Hawkman)
  • Kite (Hawkgirl)
  • Thomas Grayson (Red Hood)
  • Jordan Kent (Superboy)
  • Red Star (Starfire)
  • Changeling (Beast Boy)
  • Farris Knight (Starman)
  • Black Vulcan (Black Lightning)
  • Other (Who?)

0 voters

3 Likes

I think @MatthewHecht will agree with me that it’s Golden Eagle.

3 Likes

I knew @MatthewHecht would pick it, but you too @FelixLeiter?!?!?!

again, nothing wrong with your opinion, I’m just making a joke.

2 Likes

Look again at my profile picture and you’ll know that you should have expected this all along.

3 Likes

im a bit slow sometimes lol

2 Likes

Ha! I took my own advice and peeped your profile photo closer. I always thought it was a blue shirt. It’s a person!!!

2 Likes

OOC: Answering this very much requires figuring out what an alternate version is. DKR is a the future/alternate future meanign many fans puts my all time favorite hero as an alternate Batman.

At the same time he could be ruled out for arguably being regular Batman with an additional 26 years under his belt.

Connor Hawke is listed, and that indicates simply being a legacy character counts. Especially since in-universe Val-Zod is a legacy character. Coincidently of my 2nd tier heroes all but one fit that description.

(in case anybody could not tell the last one is Wally).
By those metrics 4 of my top 5 are alternative versions instead of the main version, which really sounds wrong. I do feel that being an alternate should mean being around in place of them not being them or replacing them (and certainly not being around with them like what Hal is to Alan).’

Looking through a few others in-universe Carter Hall is an alternate to Ktar Deathbringer. But out of universe he is The Hawkman. Still as the poll and @FelixLeiter said he has plenty of direct alternate versions, and I have a clear favorite-

Of course this has nothing to do with his story or personality, but that he looks so awesome.

After thinking through what an alternate version is and all the qualities, personality, story, use as an alternate, and design I have my top choice-

2 Likes

Someone who isn’t the most used version of a character. In my mind, Clark Kent is the main Superman, but Val-Zod is an alternate version.

2 Likes

alternate Superboy

2 Likes

Idk if you’re making a joke or being genuine but either way I’m gonna put this out there for everyone.

Alternate versions that are DC.

I don’t want this moved to the iceberg lounge lol

1 Like

OK, another alternate Superboy

How awesome were the Earth 2 series? I greatly enjoyed it while it lasted.

3 Likes

Then your list is way too small. Heroes like Wally, Tim, Dick, Gaiman’s Sandman, Jay, and Jessica should be there and hordes of users here would put one of them as their top hero of any type.

2 Likes

Ik. That’s why I added the “other”

3 Likes