Who's been here since 2018?

Who is still here from Beta to opening release to the new DC Universe Infinite???

Crazy Road DC Fans. From Beta all the way to Infinite. i seen DC Universe grow and change. Titans, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol. Harley Quinn, Star girl. i got my first taste of Batman the Animated Series in HD right here, Before i bought the Blu-ray collectors edition on Amazon. DC Universe had 4K video content. i bought Batman 3 Jokers because of a back and forth commenting debate right here on DC Universe. even after this change im still here. so who else is still here from the beginning???

9 Likes

Welcome back @mjuarbe23.20763! It’s awesome to see how you’ve stuck around through so much change and evolution, as well as your excitement for the brand as a whole. Hope to see you around the forums, you’re always welcome here :wave:!

2 Likes

Nothing and no one stays exactly the same forever that’s just how life goes. DC Universe is no different. for me personally DC Universe still has value. as a comic book app it works really good on my phone and my phone isn’t the greatest. i take public transportation to and from work so reading a comic here and there to pass the time fits well with me. for many of us we saw this coming long before the change happen. i also kept HBO Max for the Synder Cut when it releases. the only thing i really miss from the pre change is the 4K content. sure it didnt have a large library but wow the originals in 3840x2160 really looked great on my 4K tv.

1 Like

I’ve only been here since the pandemic and this place has saved my sanity. I’ve enjoyed being able to connect with people over comics! My husband is too lmao Even in that short time I’ve seen major changes but I agree, change is life and you have to take it in stride and find the positives. Personally I have left other communities due to toxic individuals and I’m thankful either for the moderators or whatever it is that has kept interactions constructive and healthy. We don’t all have to agree but we can be civil at the least! I’m having so much fun with this community and if there is one thing I hope never changes it’s the wonderful people that make it this way.

3 Likes

Not only have I been here since the beginning, but according to my profile, I’ve somehow been here since 2016. I know that’s not physically possible, but I’ll still brag about it anyway :sunglasses: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I pre ordered DCU and been here since. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been here since launch. It’s a wonderful service. Loved the shows and I love the comics. I even got to see the Harley Quinn exhibit at New York Comic Con in 2019.

4 Likes

Was one of the first 2,000 people to preorder DCU… I believe in the 1500s. I’ve been visiting every day.

4 Likes

Been here since the beginning!

3 Likes

Yep, here since the start and couldn’t be happier!

3 Likes

Been here since it opened, and plan on staying.

4 Likes

I joined in 2018. Wasn’t really “active” until last year though, community wise.

2 Likes

Did you have the “DC All Access” app that they did around that time? I think if you had an account there associated with the e-mail you used for DCU, they counted that. At least that’s true in my case.

But yeah, I remember pre-ordering this service as soon as I was able to.

4 Likes

OG pre-order here. My preorder id was 0000756. So I’m hoping that means I was one of the first thousand.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! Now that you mention it, I do remember being active there for a little while before dropping off and ultimately deleting the app. That certainly explains why my cake day is in February despite pre-ordering DCU in July

2 Likes

It’s great to see so many OG People still on here lol.

2 Likes

Heya! I’ve been here all along. Went radio silent in community because this last year was very hard for my family, but my excitement for DC Pride pulled me back in!

So glad the rumors of the demise of my favorite place to read comics (besides my couch) were greatly exaggerated!!

2 Likes

I too have been here since the initial pre order, and plan to stay forever! I wasn’t that active in the community until the pandemic as well. Now I’m an active participant everyday. I really love the community and the positive connections. I’m glad we have strict rules that keep trolls out, it makes for a more pleasant experience. I really adored DC Universe, and I’m sad that it changed, but as other have said, the writing was on the wall. I wish all the content had ported over to HBOMax, hopefully in time it will. I don’t get how HBOMax doesn’t have 4k, when DCU had it from the start.

1 Like

Here since ( before ) day one.

I joined DC July 19, 2016, and I still remember waiting for DC Universe to launch on September 15, 2018, and also remember awaiting the launch of DCU Infinite on January 21, 2021.
And no matter how busy or stressful of a day I am having, I still log on every single day to read comics, and to check on what all my peeps in here have to say.
Love this place. :sunglasses:

2 Likes