Who Would You Cast?

Idk…I feel like the casting for superman has to be perfect

1 Like

Matt Bomer for sure. Maybe Michael B. Jordan, but I’d really prefer he was Cyborg

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind Brandon Routh getting another shot, too.

2 Likes

@TornadoSoup. Rough did a great job with what he was given. Definitely deserves another chance with a better script or director

1 Like

I’m gonna say Brett Dalton. There was an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where he was wearing glasses and a suit as part of a disguise, and my brain registered the image as “Oh, look; it’s Clark Kent.”

1 Like

Oh, Brett Dalton would be good. But he was also so good with the fight scenes on SHIELD, so I’m tempted to say he should be Batman… that’s tricky.

1 Like

Who would you guys cast for fire and ice?

1 Like

Ok…I guess there are no interesting casts. What about Wally west…who would you cast for our good friend, ginger, Wally west?

2 Likes

KJ Apa maybe? He might not be the best actor, but man does he look like Wally. Or maybe Ty Simpkins? I’m not really sure about either one.

2 Likes

Wow!!! Both awsome calls!!!

Ty simpkins is more of a Bart allen (impulse) in my opinion.

2 Likes

@kingofspeedsters, yes I was serious. His Superman was great. Believable, unlike every other Superman

3 Likes

@king, you know what, now that you say it, he does seem like more of a Bart. That’s a good call.

2 Likes

@zombedy

He played a very gloomy character, when superman is supposed to be the beaten of hope. Henry cavill’s whole story was based off of despair

1 Like

@tornadosoup

His shaggy brown hair gave me the idea

1 Like

Replace Cavill. We need the Superman of Bendis’ MAN OF STEEL, the seriously cheerful guy who loves his adopted planet and all the people living on it.

And the greatest, and first, superhero ever.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

@DeadmanBrand I second Russell Brand. Good call.

1 Like

I prefer John Byrnes Man of Steel over Bendis, ten million times better imo.

@KingofSpeedsters, I disagree. I found nothing “gloomy” about the portrayal at all. He seemed to emote whatever emotion was necessary to amplify the context of the scene. I personally find all the rhetoric about Superman being exclusively lighthearted and “about hope” to be essentially “gatekeeping” from a fandom unfamiliar with comic books.
Before 2006, the s shield did not mean “hope”, it was simply the house of El. Before that it was a native American symbol for healer, before that it was just an s that stood for Super.
There are literally decades of Superman stories that involve hope in no way, and are “lighthearted” by extension of the now defunct Comics Code Authority.
There isnt a correct or incorrect way to tell stories about fictional characters. Name a huge blockbuster movie made in the past 30 years that uses a “lighthearted character” to tell a story “about hope”.
All that the complaints about “tonal correctness” have got us is less Superman.

Everyone has their preferences of course, but a Superman movie where he’s “hopeful and lighthearted” sounds like box office kryptonite.

3 Likes

@zombedy

I never said the “S” stood for anything. I just simply said that the man of steel is supposed to be a beacon of hope. Which no matter how much you disagree, is true. And the number one complaint about DC movies, is that they are too gloomy and dark. And Henry cavill did nothing to help that. SHAZAM on the other hand was a BIG hit. You know why…cuz it wasnt frickin GLOOMY. It was funny and full of hope. The main gloomy character is batman. And ONLY batman

1 Like

It’s also what they did with the CW shows. Green arrow and the flash are supposed to be some of the funniest characters. But guess what…they made those two shows GLOOMY AND DARK

1 Like