Who Would Win? Zatanna vs. Constantine

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is finding its way to DCU on August 21st! As a big fan of magic and magic users, I can confidently say there are few DC characters quite as prolific in the mystic artes as these two! :sparkles:

Which of these iconic masters of the magical would win in a fight? Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Zatanna vs. Constantine

• Zatanna
  • Constantine

0 voters

18 Likes

I kcip annataZ, yobtsaeBtseB@! :grinning:

7 Likes

Constantine talks her into letting him win.

13 Likes

Fortunately, DC BOMBSHELLS already resolved this for us – she just turns John into a rabbit.

20 Likes

I figured it’d be John! He fights dirty! But I also see him having a soft spot for Zee! So who knows! Hahaha! My moneys on the hellblazer…

13 Likes

Thank you for the very magical match up BestBeastBoy! :woman_mage: :mage:

Yes, I’d have to go with Zatanna as well… Perhaps she even throws off Constantine with his proper name pronunciation? :thinking:

Constan-Teen versus Constan-Tine. Ehs swonk tahw si thgir! :joy: :superman_hv_4:

Fun Easter Egg in the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover with that correct enunciation being the latter. :laughing:

4 Likes

Zatanna!

2 Likes

Love Z but I’m giving it to Constantine he has more tricks up his sleaves than her and a quick silence spell pretty much shuts z down.

4 Likes

Constantine flipped off AND cheated the devil out of getting his soul. Game, Set, Match.

5 Likes

the Real truth to this contest is that John is so in love with Zatanna, that he’d let her win. It’s that simple.

Also: The Devil in DC comics isn’t ALL THAT and a ton of characters can and have defeated him, Constantine just did it with the most style.
(list includes: the Sandman, Etrigan, Merlin, The Spectre, the Trickster and the Phantom Stranger)

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think Constantine would allow himself to win this one. Unless this was one of those strange situations he likes to get himself in where he has to beat her to actually save her life or some such nonsense.

6 Likes

Zatanna!

3 Likes

Constantine doesn’t love anybody, and the Vertigo Satan is a far cry from the DCU’S depiction of demons and Hell.

3 Likes

It’s gotta be Zatanna.

2 Likes

Zatanna says it backwords first

2 Likes

Zatanna

2 Likes

I will admit, I’ve never really read or watched Constantine much (I know, I know, shame on me) However, I will take into account that I shouldn’t count him off as weak based on my own ignorance, so I won’t, and if I were living in the DC Universe, I would think trying to get to his level in the mystic arts is harder than it looks (I mean, I already know that IRL but still), so it’s best to assume that he’s a pretty powerful character and should not be underestimated by any means. Zatanna, on the other hand, I’m familiar with certain versions of her, such as Young Justice, Batman TAS, and when she appeared in the Gotham City Sirens comics, but I wouldn’t know everything that is more explained in her comics, or stories that have her play an important role. I will say, that just the idea of physically talking backwards is hard for me to think about, because while saying just one word backwards may not be bad (especially if you are reading it on paper backwards), but Zatanna has to say an entire sentence, even sometimes on the spot if something happens. Zatanna has to practice these spells (which she stated in the Young Justice show) as would anyone who practices the mystic arts. As much as I love to overthink and analyze before making a decision, I have to vote on Zee for this one, because I’m more familiar with her, but even I can’t deny the fact that these two characters are very powerful with magic, even if one is talking backwards, and the other isn’t. And this doesn’t even include the emotional side of things either, this little comment analysis is simply based on skillset and my limits on character information.

5 Likes

Zatanna is the better magic user, but John is sneaky and doesn’t fight fair. He would do some sort of trick and win.

5 Likes

From the scene in Justice League Dark movie where Zatanna is battling Faust and she went bezerk mode - Constantine could barely get through to her, LOL

3 Likes

Constantine would win he is one tricky bastard he can trick zatanna

1 Like