Who Would Win? Superman vs. Godzilla

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

This week’s fight is an extra special one, pairing the greatest superhero ever against one of the greatest monsters ever-Superman and Godzilla!

If you’re here reading this, I’m assuming you’re probably familiar with these two characters (and if not, please let us know because we’ll be happy to introduce you to them and ask you lots of questions about how you wound up here), so I won’t take any more time from the discussion.

The Last Son of Krypton against the King of the Monsters-tell us who you think would win and why, below!

• Superman
  • Godzilla

0 voters

15 Likes

2 of my all time favorite characters.

In the story, I imagine Lex Luthor would theorize that the creature (powered by radiation) draws in and absorbs any radiation he’s near.

So naturally, he imprisons Godzilla near the world’s supply of kryptonite.

Releasing a kryptonite infected Godzilla onto Metropolis.

Insurmountable odds that no one could overcome…

Except Superman

54785d694ecb5d6009dc6e5fd0d89269

14 Likes

@Green.Lantern if they made this into a movie, it’ll definitely be worth watching and cheering on for the Man Of Steel who fight for truth, justice and The American way! :superman_hv_1: :us_outlying_islands::grinning::popcorn::tv:
GO SUPERMAN!!!

:superman:

11 Likes

This would be an awesome movie. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Ooh this is hard. I think they’re equally matched in terms of skill sets. But Godzilla seems to have less weaknesses.

11 Likes

He can be bested by brute strength. Which Superman has in spades.

10 Likes

I voted for Godzilla because I will always vote for Godzilla because I love the big green bastiche

10 Likes

It’s a draw… They fight till Superman realized it’s a she and she is just protecting her baby’s or eggs as usual and Godzilla stops when she realizes that superman isn’t trying to kill her just stop her. Then they both go take on doomsday cause lex though it a good time to release it again and they end up ripping him apart for the final time lol

6 Likes

They’re both incredibly strong and won’t go down easily, but I just don’t see how Godzilla will get more than a couple lucky hits in considering Supes’ speed

5 Likes

I voted for Godzilla because, well, he’s Godzilla.

6 Likes

The same way the Toyman did:

Godzilla would hit Superman by aiming at Metropolis.

4 Likes

Let’s see:

• Both were created during turbulent times in their nation of origin.

• Both have been seen as symbols of hope and fear.

• Both have fought aliens and interdimensional foes.

• Both have been featured in animated TV shows produced by Hanna-Barbera.

• Both have great movies to their credit, along with some lesser efforts as well.

• Both starred in acclaimed TV shows in the 1990s.

• Both have had toys produced by (among others) Mattel and NECA Toys.

• Both have starred in live-action movies co-written by Michael Dougherty and released by Warner Brothers Pictures.

• Both are absolute badasses at the top of their respective genres.

Too tough to call, so I’ll just vote for Godzooky. :nerd_face:

Now, if the bout was Cyborg Superman vs. Jet Jaguar, I’d be all-in for Cyborg Superman.

8 Likes

He’s Superman, nuff said.

6 Likes

If they were in the city or close enough for that to happen, Clark’s main priority would definitely be to get Godzilla far away from civilians. And if that wasn’t possible (I could see Godzilla being too heavy for even Superman to lift/carry), then the priority would be to take Godzilla down as hard and fast as possible, which he could definitely manage. I still see Supes winning in that scenario

6 Likes

Supes my heart say Godzilla but Supes has beaten giant nuclear monsters before so he’d with.

7 Likes

I’d like to see Titano take on Godzilla.

It’s effectively “King Kong vs. Godzilla” but with a DC-based ape in place of Kong.

Titano and Superman have duked it out afterall, so I think it’d make for a good match.

6 Likes

He was on my wishlist

5 Likes

ms-c8Hcu1

4 Likes

a flea with the strength of superman would absolutely destroy me

5 Likes

Superman would embarrass Godzilla.

He would send that overgrown lizard back home crying to it’s momma.

6 Likes