Who Would Win? Static vs. Doctor Polaris

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

This month’s book club selection is the excellent Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool. Our fight this week pits Static’s magnetic powers against a villain who is also skilled at manipulating magnetism-Doctor Polaris! Which of this two shocking and magnetic characters do you think would be triumphant? Let us know who you think it would be and why, below?

• Static
  • Doctor Polaris

0 voters

9 Likes

Dr. Polaris is too cocky.

5 Likes

I went with Static. Aside from being the good guy, I think Dr. Polaris would be arrogant and underestimate him!

4 Likes

Definitely Static

5 Likes

I, Think That Static is Way Cooler!
Static is A Pretty Good Super Hero!
Static is Smarter and Funnier!

5 Likes

I’m thinking this will be a landslide win lol

3 Likes

I like Static as a character more, but Dr. Polaris has more toys (and from multiple media in multiple mediums), so…Dr. Polaris, but I really do like Static ALOT more.

3 Likes

I hate to vote against static, but Dr. Polaris just seems to be a bit overpowered on this matchup, although his ego could trip him up from time to time, but I see him winning 7 out of 10.

2 Likes

This started off looking like it was going to be unanimous for Virgil, so I’m glad it’s changed a little. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I voted for Dr. Polaris first (I think I was one of the first to vote), and I then changed it.

2 Likes

First, Doc is a first class nutter. His mental instability puts him at a huge disadvantage. He’s smart. A PHD, but Virgil Hawkins isn’t exactly a dummy. Other than that they’re fairly equally matched with Polaris having an edge in raw power. But Polaris never loses because of a lack of power. He loses because of his psychosis. On paper Polaris SHOULD win. He has way more experience and has been able to go toe to toe with Hal Jordan. But… he’s bonkazoid.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @nknow1966.8909!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Static all the way!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @nknow1966.8909 and @Kenzie-TNT! It’s great to have you hear, and I’m happy to hear you’re siding with the good guy. :slight_smile: Let us know if there’s ever anything we can help you with!

2 Likes