Who Would Win? Starman vs. Dr. Midnite

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows!

Monday was Memorial Day, honoring the non-fictional heroes who have died for a cause bigger than themselves. It’s a day to look back at history and hope that the future is peaceful.

In the 1940s when the JSA comics were released, it was a different kind of harrowing than these days, and I can only imagine the hope those comics gave to many during a troubling time.

Let’s look at an oldie, but a goodie today. The Justice Society of America briefly tried to help out the WWII effort by enlisting in the military. With their overwhelming power, they ended up catching the attention of the top brass, who dubbed them the Justice Battalion of America. Check out that story in All-Star Comics #11! Be warned, it’s definitely a product of its time, yet still hopeful in its message.

Which of these heroic men of science would win out? The astronomer or the surgeon? Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Starman vs. Dr. Midnite

• Starman
  • Dr. Midnite

0 voters

6 Likes

Couldn’t Starman win just by taking Midnite’s goggles and turning on a light?

5 Likes

One has the technology to make one of the fundamental forces of the universe his plaything.

One doesn’t step on LEGOs when the lights are off.

7 Likes

It sounds like one of them is more prepared to face the Toyman.

5 Likes

Definitely an interesting bout @BestBeastBoy between one that shines out of this world and another that has the precision for decisive hits shrouded in darkness… :thinking:

Let the fortune for the conclusion of the battle be my guide. Oh Kelex! :superman_hv_4:

@Kelex fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

Oh my Kelex. You certainly know how to give perspective to things. :joy:

2 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

Well, one can not concentrate with a bright shining star in ones eyes, especially if you are shrouded in darkness for extended periods of time. Thank you for the assist Kelex with your good fortune in deciding the bout for me. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Not you Dr. Midnite, definitely NOT you.:grin: Sorry I had to say it.

4 Likes

Poor Dr. Midnite getting dragged in here! I think he’s got a chance! I mean… he’s got an OWL friend. Hooty would certainly be able to help him do SOME damage, right?

3 Likes

An owl vs a cosmic rod? Puh-leese.

4 Likes

Starman wins because the James Robinson run is fantastic. That’s all there is to it.

(Yes, I know it’s Jack Knight in that book, but Ted is great in it too)

1 Like

Cosmic Rod is the deciding factor

1 Like

If Hooty were to accurately tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, then I would change my vote. :smile:

4 Likes

Starman

1 Like

Sorry Charlie…gotta go with Ted on this one.

1 Like

the only way dr. Midnite can win is if he blinds starman in darkness and then straps a bomb on the owl and sends him at starman.

1 Like

Perhaps Dr. Midnite could send Starman a heavily padded bill?

2 Likes

I think Starman will easily win

1 Like