Who Would Win? Starfire vs. Sinestro

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Our fight this week is between two powerful aliens-Starfire versus Sinestro!

A princess and heir to the throne of Tamaran, Koriand’r fled to Earth, where she became a valuable member of the Teen Titans. Her physiology enables her to fly and harness solar energy, granting her super strength, healing, and endurance. She is essentially invulnerable to most weapons, and can project “starbolts” of energy from her hands and eyes.

Sinestro was once the greatest Green Lantern, but abused his power and now wields the yellow light of fear with his yellow power ring. In addition to to being able to create constructs and the other abilities the ring grants him, he is a genius and a master strategist.

If these two immensely powerful and dangerous aliens were to clash, which one would emerge triumphant? Tell us your choice and why, below!

• Starfire
  • Sinestro

0 voters

9 Likes

It’s a hard one, in some ways they are evenly matched in terms of power and skill.

I think the real kicker is this – Sinestro’s whole purpose is to take over as dictator of his home planet and expand from there, stripping away everyone’s freedom in favor of order. Take away all his grand justifications, and he is in essense a slaver. Starfire has it in for slavers, for understandable reasons. I think if she was there to liberate a planet from Sinestro’s hold, she would go way harder, give it her all, hell, she might even die in the process – but if she does, she will take Sinestro down with her.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Well said

6 Likes

Starfire seem more powerful, beside Sinestro wouldn’t hit a girl, or would he?:thinking:
Hope not.

7 Likes

Sinestro, hands down.
Sinestro certainly would and has “hit a girl”. He’s clocked more than his share of female lanterns when needed.

Kori is, in many iterations, often battling self-doubt and sometimes fear of her powers. (She and Raven have often had these parallel arcs, opposite sides of the same coin and all that)

Sinestro can use that fear. Sinestro will use that fear. It’s Kori’s Achilles heel.

The reality is that if you take away the “heroes must win” plot armor. Villains would win most of the time.

11 Likes

Same goes for the hammer of injustice, I guess.

9 Likes

I feel like Sinestro would be hard for most characters to beat one on one. Especially ones who have issues with self-doubt and fear.

6 Likes

If you want, look up the Sinestro thread from the Psychology of Supervillains club. I did quite a detailed analysis of Sinestro. Something to consider.

4 Likes

I remember reading that last year when I was new here! I really liked it. I think he’s one of the most interesting villains from a psychological angle.

4 Likes

Definitely Starfire. Sinestro power are revoked around messing with emotions mostly fear. Starfire being tamarainian must be in control of her emotions with her abilities. So do to her strong control over her emotions she should be able to fight off Sinestro. But it would a good fight.

5 Likes

Starfire. Period.

4 Likes

6 Likes

My username says it all.

7 Likes

Well, obviously, I hope he wouldn’t hit anyone! :laughing: But unfortunately, life doesn’t work like that.

4 Likes

I don’t know about most

4 Likes

So like, all of them.

4 Likes

A Yellow Lantern is fully impossible to beat one-on-one unless you
a) have nothing to lose, or
b) have buried your emotions for decades.
Kori meets neither qualification.

6 Likes

@DC89 Since it is Starfire Wednesday and not Sinestro Saturday; it has to be Starfire.

4 Likes

I’m going with Sinestro. Not only was he the greatest Green Lantern, he trained many Great Green Lanterns, and was considered by the Guardians as a great threat. He established his own Corp, that was so evil that it made the Guardians lift their ban of Lethal Force because he was going to have every Green Lantern killed to prove his points. He also controlled Parallax the entity of Fear, and killed Guardians of OA. By sheer will and determination alone again Sinestro over Starfire :slight_smile:

4 Likes