Who Would Win? Special Dance-Off Edition

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

This Friday is International Dance Day, a day for celebrating dance all around the world. Today’s hypothetical showdown is a special dance-off edition! Which DC character do you think would be the last standing in a massive, multiverse-spanning dance-off? Let us know who you think has the best moves, below!

AgPd

11 Likes

Vibe! Hands-down Vibe!

10 Likes

Ballet: Barbara Gordon
Ballroom - Waltz: Kent & Inza Nelson
Ballroom - Swing: Scandal Savage & Knockout
Ballroom - Foxtrot: Clarice Winston & Jim Corrigan (They remain dance partners despite it all.)
Ballroom - Latin: Miguel Barragan & Gabe
Baroque: Lady Weeds & Andrew Bennett
Contemporary: Porcelain
Samba: Yara Flor
Hip Hop: Karen Beecher-Duncan
Jazz: Rampotatek
Tap: Joe West
Modern: Eel O’Brien
Ensemble: Super Young Team
Folk - Eastern Europe: Cynthia Reynolds
Folk - North America: Old Jack Crow
Folk - Africa: David Zavimbe
Folk - South America: Cachiru & Salamanca
Bootstomp: Julia Pennyworth
Art: Dancer
Break: (as @Juristiction already noted) Francisco Ramon
Disco: Dick Grayson
Party Booty Shaking: Jenny Quantum
Drunken Flailing: Lord of the Dance

14 Likes

Wow, you really went into a ton of detail! I am amazed. I would’ve just said Chaselon, since he’s literally a disco ball. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Sadly, much like the DJ never gets to party, the disco ball lantern never gets to dance. :frowning:

I have head canon for the final rounds of competition for some of these. e.g. Bane “petitioned” the judges to allow him to enter the Latin Ballroom category as a solo dancer, but in the end knocked himself unconscious trying to dance both parts of a flamenco duet while playing guitar.

10 Likes

LMAO, I see what you did there making Dick disco. Beast Boy could also be break dance. And for some reason I feel like Starfire could do really great samba or ballet or something.

I really don’t know dance, though, so that’s all I’ve got so far lmao.

9 Likes

It’s purely his affinity for skin tight pants and boldly strutting hips. I swear.

I now have a hilarious scene in my head where Donna’s trying to teach her, and she has the rhythm and hip movements down pat, but refuses to keep her feet on the ground and keeps dance-flying off ten feet above the dance floor.

8 Likes

Great question, @Green.Lantern! A lot of awesome responses so far too! But the real answer is obvious…

It’s BATMAN! :batman_hv_1:

11 Likes

Myself

7 Likes

Negative Man for sure! :100::fire::man_dancing:

11 Likes

Damn now im hungry again!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want to face off against him in a dance battle. :batparrot:

713b3e39e4184d752a94304a9b10b890

11 Likes

True, I am amazing.

8 Likes

Batman listens to Abba, change my mind! (You can’t)

My initial answer was gonna be Harley Quinn, because you cannot tell me that she wasn’t a part of the 2010’s rave scene.

Honestly, I image this is like one of those 24 hour dance-a-thons, and by the end of it people are just swaying like sticks in the wind.

8 Likes

This might be the best way for Batman to put the fear of god into criminals. I know it scares the crap outta me!

9 Likes

This is where those who can pass off control of their body to (or have control taken by) another entity shine; the Nelsons, Halo, Negative Man/Woman, anyone Deadman is driving, maybe those controlled by Eclipso or Jericho… I feel like Jericho has mad dance moves, but prefers to shake other people’s hips.

9 Likes

:batman_hv_5: That’s right, @Shayera.Hol - Batman always wins!

11 Likes

maybe I’m biased because i think dick is the best at everything, but i have to say that i believe dick grayson/nightwing would win…
Dick Grayson! — lady-condom: kylewithenvy: Art of the Day: How...

10 Likes

Icon UK — dickgraysoff: I typed Nightwing into Tumblr's...

9 Likes

That gif has gotta be one of the most Nightwing things I’ve ever seen lmao. Also now I’m just imaging if he loses, him stopping dead in his tracks and making the same expression he’s making in my PFP (though he was just barely still Robin in the comic this image is from) lmao.

10 Likes