Who Would Win? Lois Lane vs. Jimmy Olsen

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun.

Superman: Leviathan Rising Special # 1 joined the DCU comic library yesterday! In this super event, Action Comics led up to Superman being kidnapped! It’s up to Lois, Jimmy, and a host of other epic DC characters to set him free.

In honor of this harrowing adventure, we’re pitting arguably the two people closest to Superman against each other!

So who would win this one, folks? Each has their own expansive history of getting into trouble, and somehow (generally) getting out of it! Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Lois Lane vs. Jimmy Olsen

• Lois Lane
  • Jimmy Olsen

0 voters

10 Likes

Oh boy @BestBeastBoy. I’ll spare Kelex this week from seeing this bout. :scream: :sweat_smile:
Sorry best buddy Jimmy, you can not take this one from one of the best gals. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

It’s gotta be Lois. No offense to Jimmy but c’mon.

6 Likes

Poor Jimmy is losing! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Jimmy is one of my favorite characters, but Lois Lane is one of the top for me. I have to go with Lois.

4 Likes

I was going to vote Lois, but now that I see the votes, I’m going to play devil’s advocate and say that Jimmy would likely develop temporary superpowers in order to win.

4 Likes

Jimmy strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn’t hit a girl on general principle. Even if he didn’t, Lois is just made of tougher stuff and would trounce him, powers or not.

4 Likes

Jimmy gets out of a lot jams through sheer luck. Lois is just scrappy. She takes this one, likely with one solid punch.

7 Likes

Poor Jimmy.

2 Likes

Sorry to say it but Jimmy Doesn’t stand a chance.

5 Likes

Definitely Lois. She always seemed the type to hold her own in many harowing adventures and jimmy seems to luck his way out of situations so, yeah, definitely Lois Lane.

3 Likes

Absolutely Lois. I don’t see any way that Jimmy could win this one.

5 Likes

Lois would slap him into next week.

3 Likes

One knee to his coin purse, followed by an utterance of “G-g-golly Miss Lane!” and it’s lights out for Jimmy.

4 Likes

What continuity are we in? Is Lois a master of Klurkor, as learned in the bottle city of Kandor? Somehow, Mister Action only got a jet belt there, and no real training.

3 Likes

Jimmy has lived through quite a few harrowing adventures. Still, he doesn’t stand a chance against Lois’ badassness.

6 Likes

There’s no question… Lois wins hands down.

2 Likes

Lois all the way all she needs is one punch.:joy:

2 Likes

My first inclination was Lois too. Then I thought, wait, just two normal adults fighting? Jimmy would win handily.

I think most people think Lois because we like her more and have seen her in more situations where she’s had to stay alive or defend herself. But just because she can stomp on a henchman’s foot, head butt them, and escape, doesn’t mean she could win a knock-down-drag-out fight with an adult male.

Besides Jimmy has been in lots of scrapes with his life on the line too. And if fantastical things are in play, Jimmy has had super powers way more often giving him an advantage there too.

Lois’s one trump card is Superman (Jimmy’s too btw) but I assume calling Superman is off limits.

Well, the way I look at it, Lois is a health nut who, while hardly a world-class martial artist, still has some pretty solid self-defense training due to both her line of work and her overprotective father. Jimmy may be an adult, but his only real skill is photography. I think it’s pretty reasonable to think that if they just started brawling for some reason, Lois would be better at it.

But I still say the fact that Jimmy gets superpowers every five minutes has got to count for something.

3 Likes