Who Would Win? Lady Shiva vs. Katana

It’s a struggle for sure. I remember @DeSade-acolyte and I arguing about Shiva vs. Ra’s al Ghul during 2020’s Meta Madhouse all too well. Basically, aside from Cassandra Cain, there’s no way to defeat Shiva in a fight… unless you cheat.

5 Likes

Cool, now she really got my attention, thankyou @Green.Lantern, @ajm08g & @HubCityQuestion! :grinning:

4 Likes

Just like last week, probably because I’m still jazzed from her onscreen portrayal in Batman: Soul of the Dragon but Shiva gets my vote.

4 Likes

So to beat her I just need to convince her that losing to me is thrilling. Fascinating. Like taking power from Darkseid.

3 Likes

As much as I like Katana, I’m afraid she wouldn’t be able to last against Shiva. I think she could put up a fight, but there’s no way Tatsu wins.

4 Likes

I like Katana, but Shiva is older and has more insurance, I mean experience.

2 Likes

Well, lady shiva might get another shot at the title.
There isn’t an official Meta Madhouse this year. (Not that DCUI didn’t want to do one, but with the changeover happening it just wasn’t a priority.)

However, a few folks are getting together to see if we can set one up via the community this year.
So :crossed_fingers:, but no promises.

5 Likes

How have I not heard about this? This is exciting news!

4 Likes

I don’t know nothing about lady shiva. Is there any recommendations

3 Likes

Definitely Shiva. Especially after how she fought in Soul of the Dragon.

1 Like

My top recommendation would be The Question (1986), including issues #1-2, Annual #1, #28-31, Annual #2, #36, and the special #37 tie-in to Blackest Night.

After that, I’d recommend Batgirl (2000) #7-9, and #21-25.

Then, try Birds of Prey: Manhunt, followed by Birds of Prey (1999) #62-67 and #92-95.

To get up to speed on Shiva in her current place in continuity, read Detective Comics #950-956, followed by Batman and the Outsiders (2019) #6-17.

For the best alternate universe take on Shiva, read DCeased: Unkillables.

Finally, I’d recommend watching Batman: Soul of the Dragon, available now in digital storefronts and on DVD and Blu-Ray. It’s a loose, but quite excellent, adaptation of Richard Dragon, Kung-Fu Fighter, the '70s series where she was created. Hopefully that makes its way to DCUI someday as well.

6 Likes

I like Katana so it was a challenge to vote against her, but Lady Shiva is one of the greatest fighters on the planet. Like top 5 greatest, so…

4 Likes

@HubCityQuestion I agree that Shiva would easly win, although not if she became Lazy Shiva.

4 Likes

Especially not if she has to fight Katank.

3 Likes

Anyway, @Green.Lantern, I appreciate you making this thread because our people clearly need to be educated on the mistress of kung fu.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that! Reading what you and everyone else have said about her definitely have made me more interested in her. Previously, I think the only thing I’d read her in was a little bit of the New 52 titles I read.

1 Like

Hey @Green.Lantern I was recently watching Beware Of The Batman, both Lady Shiva and Katana have face each other in a fight.:slightly_smiling_face:

Apparently they’ve fought a lot more than I thought. :stuck_out_tongue: This was a tricky matchup to do.

3 Likes

Still a great match up like Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michael, Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus & Green Lantern VS. Sinestro!:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked it. :slight_smile: Hopefully next week’s “Big Game” special of Steve Lombard vs. the Black Racer will be closer. :stuck_out_tongue: (kidding)

2 Likes