Who Would Win? Lady Shiva vs. Katana

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

We’re back with another Batman: Soul of the Dragon-inspired matchup. The showdown this week is between two women who are deadly with a sword in their hands or just with their bare hands-Lady Shiva and Katana. Lady Shiva was trained by the League of Assassins and has defeated even Batman. Katana uses both the Soultaker Sword and her martial arts skills in a quest for justice. Who do you think would win, and why?

• Lady Shiva
  • Katana

0 voters

11 Likes

My vote was based on the one I know the most about. I’ve actually barely read any Shiva. But I’ve read a lot of Katana!

6 Likes

Lady Shiva is probably more adept, but everybody would be mindful of Katana’s sword so I think that would give her the edge

5 Likes

Man, Shiva easily wins this one, and it’s not even close. Shiva and Katana have actually fought MULTIPLE times throughout different incarnations of Outsiders, and every time, Shiva has won.

12 Likes

9 Likes

shiva wins, shiva is one of the top fighters in DC if not the best, Katana is a great but Shiva is on a whole other level

9 Likes

Batman and the Outsiders #13, 2020.

7 Likes

And finally, in Young Justice: Outsiders, Katana fights Shiva on Santa Prisca, and Shiva has Katana dead to rights until Oracle swoops in with an evac.

7 Likes

Look. Katana’s goal was never to be the world’s greatest sword fighter. For her, the sword is a means to an end. For Shiva, on the other hand, the fight is the purpose.

Bottom line: anyone voting Katana simply does not know the power of Shiva.

8 Likes

I love both characters, but this is an objective evaluation of who would win, not playing favorites. And the answer to “who would win” in a Shiva match-up is always “Shiva” unless the other fighter is her daughter, Cassandra Cain.

8 Likes

Well, Shiva is historically susceptible to telepaths and poisoners, but in a straight up fight on an even playing field that’s always true.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, I was assuming a fair fight for this. Once you start factoring in those kind of storyline considerations, the answer is always “whoever the plot needs to win.”

6 Likes

Im biased. Go Katana!

I feel like this a fight where if I saw Katana getting pummeled by Shiva, I would definitely jump in. Its in my nature.

bf

5 Likes

Lady Shiva, no question. She’s the best of the best at what she does. I think only Cassandra Cain may have come close.

6 Likes

Lady Shiva sounds more deadlier, So I think she would’ve win.:slightly_smiling_face:
Is she a hero or a villian? I don’t know her that well.:cold_sweat:

3 Likes

I did have a hard time thinking of someone who would be a good match for Lady Shiva. I’m curious to see how close this will be after some time has passed, given the discussion I’m surprised it’s as close as it is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Almost a year ago when I was just beginning my journey into our fine community, I also did not know much. :thinking:

But thanks to @Applejack that was changed. :smiley:

Perhaps @Behemoth this might also help you and Reaganfan as it helped me. :superman_hv_4:

Also @HubCityQuestion’s Ask… The Question columns were very informative about Lady Shiva. :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

Thankyou.:grinning:

5 Likes

He loves Shiva. As long as I’ve known him.

4 Likes

Lady Shiva fights for her own side. Sometimes it’s for good, sometimes for bad – it’s all about what gives her the bigger challenge. She’s in it for the thrill of the fight.

4 Likes