Who Would Win In a Fight? And Why?

1. Everybody always talks about Batman preparing for Superman, and he would beat him because he’s so much smarter. Imagine if they are meeting for the first time and Batman doesn’t know anything about Superman. Superman would knock him out in 1 second. Also the new 52 showed that if Superman is willing to kill, then there is nothing that Batman can do to defeat him.
  2. Supergirl has the same strengths as Superman, and Superman would beat Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is strong and fast, but she’s not invulnerable. Supergirl is invulnerable to any weapon unless it’s magic.
  3. Nightwing defeated every other Robin to become Batman when Batman was presumed dead a few years ago.
  4. I don’t really know about Flash and Green Lantern. Flash can’t travel faster than light, so I assume that he would win. I also like him more than Green Lantern, so I’ll pick him.
  5. Lex Luthor is smart, but the Joker isn’t stupid. I think Luthor would still win though.
1 Like

I think Wonder Woman could beat supergirl because she is more experienced. But then again supergirl is literally Superman but female so idk. Batman HAS beaten Superman. And i feel like joker would hold his own against lex, but eventually lose, and green lantern could beat flash easy.

Superman over Batman, Wonder Woman over Supergirl…magic lasso would be bad news…Nightwing…Flash…and Lex

Lol. Debate time! Let’s get it. With all due respect…

Somebody said if Superman stopped playing with Batman he’d tear him up. Well, he did stop playing with him in the dark multiverse at least once and he still died. Before I get specific let me generalize again. If they’re beefing think of Batman to Superman like you’d think of The Joker to Batman. He knows him too well and he is too unpredictable for him. Does that help you out? Do you see it yet? Clark knows Bruce too but not well enough. Bruce is too secretive.

Ok, you’re right but only to a degree. If the ailen(Superman) doesn’t want you to move you shouldn’t be able to. Minus some lead in the way he can see you from anywhere on Earth and even up in orbit. As long he knows where to focus and can single you out from the din of other noises he can hear you and your heartbeat and even the blood moving in your veins from anywhere on Earth. Even though he’s not as fast as a speedster he might as well be as far as Batman is concerned, no human could perceive the difference in speed. He could close any Earthly distance and be on you like white on rice in less than a heartbeat. He goes back and fourth to the sun like it’s a trip to the corner. That’s a 92 million mile trip both ways. In reality it takes light 8 minutes to make the trip 1 way. A detail which is included in the fiction.

So why are you wrong? The element of surprise. You’re underestimating that and therefore overestimating the alien. In reality or fiction the element of surprise will get cha. In any story where joker beats Bats to any significant degree he shocked or surprised him. Shock is a form of surprise.

When Joker beat Superman and drove him mad in Injustice world it was the same thing. When Joker gets the drop on any Batman team (with or without Superman) or just Batman alone surprise is always a part of it. The pie in the face that Joker did a lot of kidnapping and bombing to hit Batman with in a BTAS episode is an example. I’m saying this to say a true surprise will get ANYONE even the alien. Kryptonians and their star based powers are extremely lucky freaks of nature but not gods. For that matter even the so-called gods of Olympus can be surprised.

Now let’s get specific. (I’m taking this from internet recounts with pictures of the panels as proof so I’m less concerned about spoilers if you’re concerned)

After Bruce Wayne became the BWL he killed Superman. Clark was so surprised. Shocked even. The Bwl said Bruce Wayne knows lots of ways to kill Superman. So many ways. He later said he has jumped from universe to universe re-killing the JL including Superman over and over. Stop ignoring that.

When Bruce became Devastator Batman he did it because the Man of Steel flipped out without explanation and started openly killing random people. Clark wasn’t playing with anyone that day. He quickly cut off Bruce’s arm because Bruce tried to raise it against him. Clark broke Bruce’s heart metaphorically speaking. The writers showed that they have heard the arguments made by fans writting off Batman as “just some guy” with (forgive me but) shallow logic and accounted for it in the writing. Meaning while Superman was taking Batman apart he was taunting him about all the kinds of stuff all you guys said.

Clark said he has heard the other league members talking. They ALL said IF NEITHER HELD BACK Bruce was THE ONLY ONE that could stop Clark. Of course he heard them. He’s Superman. He said, “I can freeze you heart with a breath” or something like that. I can do this and that. Do you know how easy it would be for me to do “xyz”? The soon to be Devestor Batman agreed with Superman and you and then proved both you and Superman wrong.

Like I said the real answer is Bruce beats Clark due to his execution and preparation. It’s surprising. In addition to Kryptonite he happened to already be carrying his own mutated version of the Doomsday virus that gave him the ability to hulk out into a poisonous contagious thinking version of Doomsday that can go back and fourth from man to intelligent monster at will. That’s not an accident or a coincidence. It’s the writers telling you that Batman is always prepared for whatever just incase and that Superman ain’t ready.

What happened next? The death of Superman. Seems like that’s a lot of Superman killing for someone who’s just some guy. Soon after that he was transported to the Superman you know where he was about to do it again. Clark had to be rescued by a combination of Dr. Fate and Flash. Nope, he couldn’t save himself or stop Bruce or even slow him down. He was grass and Batman was the lawn mower. All you “he’s just a guy” people are over estimating Clark. Again he is not a God. You’re also underestimating Bruce. Just because YOU can’t think if it doesn’t mean he can’t. Bruce can’t afford to play with Kal-El but that doesn’t mean Kal-El can’t get got. In the real world you’re underestimating the writers.

So, I’m guessing any logical rebuttal centers around the idea that Superman could just surprise Batman and prove me wrong. Well, aside from the fact that to my knowledge it hasn’t happened there’s the problem of who they are as people. Bruce is Batman and still alive because when he’s not out on patrol he’s studying, learning, scheming, preparing, memorizing, stocking up, working out and training. He must be. That’s why he knows where 90% of everything is and why he always has the expertise and all or most of what he needs to mix every antidote or concoction in an hour or 2 and so on.

What do you think he’s doing all day and the rest of the night when he’s not patrolling which is only from 12-4 am. He’s not running his companies. That’s a front. Other people are doing that. He just pops in and out to keep up appearances, use resources and make himself look irresponsible.

The compulsive obsessed crazy genius we call Batman has gotten almost unnaturally good at nearly everything because he’s distracting himself from the flashbacks and nightmares so he can one day stop the bullets that killed his parents in front of him as a child. As if that’s possible but that’s the crazyness that has driven him to amazing heights of physicality and genius.

This lends itself to him being ready for the unexpected and the unknown too. It’s why Batman’s the best choice to get after Joker or Superman. It’s why Clark AIN’T READY. By contrast Clark is woefully unprepared. Till they added Wonder Woman’s criticism and the explainer of why Clark seems so bad at using his powers I disliked him as a character and just respected him as a concept because he seemed so amateur-ish with his powers. The explanations I’m referring to are the speech to Darksied and Kal correcting his cousin Kara Dora El’s mistaken belief that she’s superior. Meaning he isn’t thorough. He fights like an arrogant but nearly unstoppable Rocky character.

Nearly unstoppable is all Bruce Wayne needs to put the alien down if he puts his mind to it. He just has to catch him right. So, go ahead. Spot Batman that year of prep time to go at Superman. We will be watching a lot of Lois Lane doppelgangers wipe a lot of tears at a lot of funerals for a lot of Clark Kent’s and a lot of Kal-El’s.

That was an auto correct typo. Not Kara Dora El, it’s Kara Zora El

You say imagine Batman just stumbled across Superman with no warning or prep? If Superman is willing to kill Batman is dead? If you were right Superman would dominate with or without deadly force. Still, I’m not there with you yet.

Batman is a detective that uses satellites and he’s nosey with no respect for privacy. If the investigative reporter Lois Lane can find out about about the alien so can Batman. So unless Kal El just landed here just now full grown and has already charged up and has mastered his powers AND is willing to kill (which is your term of battle) AND he goes straight to Bruce Wayne therefore denying him any opportunity for research I still think you fall short. If Batman ALREADY KNOWS that Superman is Clark Kent then that’s a sign that he knows too much. DC loves to make a big deal out of the fact that both are usually (but not always) very resistant to killing. I’m not convinced he wasn’t holding out on the Kryptonite. But I will spot you that if Batman wasn’t ready that’s how Clark toying with his prey would look. You bruise but you don’t kill, do ya? Clark. He held out that little nugget too. Anybody else would been panicked and skipped to all their last resorts. Batman’ not just anybody.

By the time everyone reads Lois’ article it’s too late.

I think that most people underestimate how smart Superman is. He has the knowledge from hundreds of galaxies. Also, the whole argument about Batman spending a year preparing to beat him. If Superman knows that they are both going to have a fight in a year, then he would win. Why are we giving Batman a year to get ready for a fight, but Superman just has 5 seconds to get ready to fight somebody. Let’s give everybody a year to prepare to fight somebody. How do you think Wonder Woman would do if she had a year to prepare, and Superman had no idea that she was even getting ready for a fight? She jumps out and attacks him with no warning. Who would win? I’m pretty sure that Wonder Woman is smart enough to find a way to win.

3 Likes

Yes, Superman is very intelligent. I’m surprised that’s not recognized more.

You don’t stay ahead of Lex Luthor or Mr. Mxyzptlk (to say nothing of Brainiac, crime lords, Intergang, intergalactic warlords, and Darkseid and his minions to name but a few) by having muscles as your foremost attribute.

2 Likes

hMMMM…

1. Superman would win. Yeah yeah I know batman would show up with Kryptonite and kick butt. Superman has the ability to see extremely long distance so lets add this to the mix… Superman See Batman coming maybe twenty miles or so away… I just grabs a lead lined suit so the Kriptonite can’t affect hi8m and kick butt. LOL

2. I’m going to go with Wonder Woman… We all know She is just about as strong as Superman anyway… and she’s been trained as a warrior her whole life. She’s battling a teenager… Advantage… goes to the lady from Themyscira.

3.I’m going with Nighwing… Yes I know Damien has been traijned to be a total ninja bad ass his whole life. Well until the split Batman spent years training Dick Grayson. It would be close but I’ll put my money on the Very first Robin.

1. I’m not sure. Basically Hal Jordan’s ring should give him the advantage. He can conjure up just about anything to use against the Flash… BUT Flash can use the speed force and travel back in time so if it starts to LOOK like he’s going to lose what is tp stop him from travling back in time and adjusting his tac tics so he wind s up kicking Hal’s butt?

2. Now this is the good one. Both are ruthless and have no problem using anything to win… I think I’d give the edge to Luthor just because of the $$$$$. Since neither can be expected to play fair what is to stop Lex from hiring Bane, Deathstroke, Gorilla Grood, Giganta and who knows who all else to help him kick the living crap out of the Joker?

So… Here’s the thing with Batman and Superman. Yes, Superman is significantly smarter than most people give him credit for. That said, the only area in which Batman has an obvious advantage OVER Superman is his strategic abilities. The more time each of them has to prepare, the more important the difference in their respective strategic abilities will be, and the less important the difference in their respective physical abilities will be. That means that Batman’s advantage becomes more important than Superman’s advantage. Like I said before, I think Batman could give himself a better-than-even chance at winning… but not that much better than even, since Superman is still very smart and extremely powerful.

Yep, that’s true too. Superman is very smart too. Very. His alien brain works faster than ours does. I swear I remember that from somewhere. He’s not dumb at all. He ALSO has access to the knowledge of more than 1 world and his home world by itself was far ahead of where we are now when it ended. His flaw isn’t raw intelligence or a disadvantage in prep time.

It’s that he is not thorough. 1 more time. He is not thorough. Bruce is very thorough. Very thorough. Very very thorough. Maybe someone else is more thorough but it’s not Clark Kent. So Clark will mis something that Bruce won’t and Bruce will catch something that Clark will miss.

Not to mention what BWL and Devestor-Batman did and Injustice World Batman keeping Clark hostage and the events of TDK Returns of 2. DC has omnipotent and omnipresent characters. Batman would have more trouble with them. Much more. Sic the Spector on Batman and he’s in serious trouble but how? He doesn’t do anything to provoke his wrath.

Superman, supergirl, green lantern, nightwing,

Don’t get me wro. Thorough or not Batman needs to get ready for him. Thorough or not his still Superman. That’s not a push over.