Who Would Win? Hawkman vs. Man-Bat

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Our fight this week is between probably the two most famous winged DC characters- Hawkman and Man-Bat!

Who do you think would come out on top in this high-flying brawl between the two winged animal themed men? Would Nth metal give Carter Hall the advantage? Or would his serum induced savagery lead Kirk Langstrom to victory? Let us know who you think it would be, and why?

(And if you’re eager to read more about these characters, you can check out this week’s Black Adam: The Justice Society Files: Hawkman #1 or 2021’s Man-Bat minseries!)

• Hawkman
  • Man-Bat

0 voters

12 Likes

I’d say Hawkman, the last thing I want to do is make @MatthewHecht mad at me for voting against his favorite character! :cold_sweat:
And beside, with that weapon of his, with one hard swing in the face, he can really knock Man-Bat out!

:00_hawkman:

7 Likes

I went with Hawkman. I mean, in addition to his ability to fly, he can also use a variety of ancient weapons.

5 Likes

Not much of a choice:

7 Likes

Weapons, experience and skill were deciding factors. Hawkman wins but the fight could be interesting if this is a version of Man-Bat that had trained some of Kirk’s intelligence.

Now how does Hawk-girl/woman fare against She-Bat? Probably exactly the same.

6 Likes

Hawkman because Man-Bat is too often fighting his own Bat-instincts, while Hawkman’s intellect is still at his command, even if he likes to smack things more with the helmet on.

7 Likes

Hawkman, because he’s got a lot more battle experience. Plus weapons.

8 Likes

Man-Bat because I enjoy him more and I am biased

2 Likes

Isn’t that everyone in these kinds of threads tho? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a good point. I can’t think of too many matchups where I wouldn’t automatically be leaning one way or the other, at least a little bit. Even if I had no idea who the characters were, I’d probably prefer one character’s name over the other, at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s why my answer to these questions is almost always “Who’s name is in the title?”

1 Like

3 Likes

Even if, somehow, Man Bat got the better of Hawkman - Hawkman would simply reincarnate and come back to finish the job down the road.

Hawkman

3 Likes

Or heal and him beat him then.

2 Likes

This guy gets it. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d say Hawkman.

2 Likes

Whilst Man-Bat would probably have the advantage at the start with his intense fury and aggressiveness, if he doesn’t end it early, it’ll become advantage Hawk-Man, once he brings his warrior skills and weapons into play, he’d out think and out manoeuvre Man-Bat and ultimately win.

3 Likes

Well reasoned! Also love your username. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Back when Star Wars books were fun.

3 Likes

There are still a few fun ones! Zahn’s six new Thrawn books are legit, as is Lost Stars. But the 90s are definitely an era I miss a lot.

3 Likes