Who Would Win? Hawkgirl vs. Bleez

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

This week’s showdown is between two high-flying and extremely formidable characters-Hawkgirl vs. Bleez! In a fight between the winged warrior and the Red Lantern, who do you think would win? Let us know who you think would be triumphant and why, below!

• Hawkgirl
  • Bleez

0 voters

11 Likes

I pick Hawkgirl cause she’s really a good fighter even with her weapon.:slightly_smiling_face:

:00_hawkman:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Okay, I know how potent a weapon a power ring can be, but I think Hawkgirl would be a better fighter over all and much, much more focused. It might be tough going for a while, but Hawkgirl would win.

6 Likes

This is actually tougher than I thought. Initially I’m 100% team Shiera, but hear me out…

Bleez has no strategic fighting skills. She’s a chaos fighter with a forward advance of acid vomit. That said, I believe the only two characters who have been able to best her are Sodom Yat and Fatality, with the latter only winning due the damage to the Red Lanterns’ central battery. Shiera is powerful, but not Daxamite powerful. It will take a lot to actually knock Bleez out. Nth metal exposure gives her a healing factor, and she’s got the agility that Bleez does not, so she’s easily avoiding the early and obvious projectile acid attack. But she needs to win, not just survive.

This leaves the fight to Bleez’s strategy. If she stands and fights, she’s going down soon enough. But if she takes flight, she just needs to clear the atmosphere and the game is hers. The Red Lantern ring gives Bleez the ability to survive without an atmosphere, while Shiera would need to keep the fight at lower elevations to win it. (Or come prepped with a Thanagarian space suit.) So, despite being the better fighter, I think the fact that both are predisposed towards aerial combat will make it tough or Hawkgirl to prevent the combat from leaving her WOO* long enough to turn the tide in Bleez’s favor.

So I voted Bleez.

woo

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this would be an interesting matchup. :slight_smile: My initial thought was just “they both have wings, they could fight!” but the more I thought about it, the more intrigued I was.

7 Likes

Hawkman’s wife wins.

6 Likes

As much as I want to vote for Kendra as the picture above, I believe is her, without an active Nth metal weapon, Bleez wins hand down just about every time. If Kendra has Nth metal weapon then it becomes a more even battle, though with Nth Metals energy absorption abilities and ability to control emotions, which could effect Bleez’s rage induced power, I have to give the edge to Kendra. So I am assuming Kendra has her mace and as such will be the winner.

3 Likes

5 Likes

One possible problem I could see for Hawkgirl is that Red Lanterns are about the last kind of people I’d want to get up close to fight. :fire:

5 Likes

I just play soothing music and give them cake. This makes them lose their anger and become sleepy full lanterns.

6 Likes

HAWK GIRL because she has greater powers!!

5 Likes

Bleez for no reason but my complete Red Lantern bias :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll side-eye anyone who doesn’t pick Hawkgirl. :eyes:

(Kidding. Kidding!)

I actually concur with @keath - I voted Hawkgirl, but I think this battle would largely depend on the environment it takes place in.

Welcome to the community @1yodagrandma.86262! Thanks for taking part in this match-up and please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :00_hawkman:

And of course, happy DCUI anniversary @Green.Lantern! :partying_face: :00_lc_green_lantern: :cake:

gl

8 Likes

I will impale a batarang in the chest of anyone who doesn’t pick Hawkgirl. :eyes:
:00_hawkman:

6 Likes

:laughing: LOL! I knew you’d be watching, making sure Hawkgirl gets the win, and so far it’s looking good for her.:grinning:

4 Likes

That’s a hard one because Hawkgirl’s typically depicted with the mace, a really close quarters weapon, but that advantage is going to be a bit nerfed when your opponent starts spewing acid blood vomit like BLARGARAHAHRGH.

I think I’d give it to Kendra in the end, but it’s probably a close one.

2 Likes

dude this is hard, my final vote is bleez but it depends which version of hawkgirl

4 Likes

dude this is hard, my final vote is bleez but it depends which version of hawkgirl

2 Likes

All of them at the same time like when she battled The Lord Beyond the Void.

2 Likes