Who Would Win: Green Lantern Free For All

All the way Hal Jordan since I’ve known the Green Lantern since the Super Friends. :grinning:

8 Likes

I don’t think you can ever go wrong picking Hal. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Johns’ GL is still my all-time favorite run from the property, bar-none.

That really goes for most of the properties he’s been involved with TBH, with Superman (v2, as well as his Action Comics run, Superman: Secret Origin and Superman v3) being a notable exception.

8 Likes

I’m currently reading through his JSA and Teen Titans runs. I don’t know how I’ve waited this long to read them, considering how much I’ve loved everything else he’s done.

8 Likes

Teen Titans is what made me a Johns mark from the '00s up to present day. After I read the A Kid’s Game trade, I was hooked.

6 Likes

I know not everyone is as huge a Johns fan as I am, but when you consider how many different characters and teams he wrote for so long, that’s got to be impressive.

9 Likes

Oh, good point! I totally forgot about her! I mean, Jessica Cruz still wins, but only after the two of them are the last two left standing.

6 Likes

Oh, absolutely.

I really would like to be up to speed on his New Golden Age stuff, but Dawn of DC pulled me away from it.

If and when the rumored Legion title comes along, I will likely have to read that, as I loves me some Legion.

7 Likes

The Legion is another series/team I’ve been reading more lately. I feel like that has to be the most intimidating corner of the DC universe to get started with.

8 Likes

I get that, but for me, I just dove in with Waid’s Legion (the '04-debuting series) and went on, fitting in the other pieces of the puzzle as they came along.

I’m also proud to say I enjoyed Bendis’s Legion. Its not the best Legion book ever of course, but for what it was, I had fun with it.

8 Likes

I think my favorite Green Lantern is John Stewart because I’m still kind of new to DC and haven’t seen or read all too much with Hal or the others But I have seen the JL and the JLU series and I really liked John Stewart in that probably my second favorite character in both of the series as a whole.

9 Likes

Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Black Canarary are all good choices, but if you gave Bruce a ring he might be unbeatable. So I am going with Dawnbreaker.
Now if you were talking Blue Rings, it would have to be Kal El, who has more hope or inspires it more.

7 Likes

:scream:

You win

7 Likes

Kilowog can take on all the poozers :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Look at all them lanterns :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Oh man, I have several picks for this

Alan Scott - His ring works pretty differently since his is based more in magic thatln pseudo-scientific alien tech harnessing willpower. He might have a few tricks up his sleeve that will catch the rest off guard.

John Stewart - The first GL I was ever exposed to, he is currently the most powerful one due to his Ascension.

Jessica Cruz - A newer one that won my heart immediately, her dealing with trauma and anxiety arguably makes her the one with the most willpower at her disposal. And if things turn for the worst…yellow ring baby!

6 Likes

Either Hal or Batman.

7 Likes

One of my favorite things about Green Lantern comics (and DC overall) is how so many people have a different favorite or “first” GL. It’s just fun seeing what everyone’s first experience with Green Lanterns was. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think @Green.Lantern would win

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’d spend too much time just making constructs of funny things or cute animals and not do well at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes