Who Would Win: DC Super Hero Girls Field Day Edition

“All of The Other Things”. You’d think Gen 2 (didn’t know that was how it was referred to, but that now reminds me of Transformers: Generation 2) would have more merch, but some dolls from Mattel aside, it’s been kind of dry.

As Gordon Bombay said in The Mighty Ducks, “Quack, quack, quack, Mr. Ducksworth!”. :duck:

Is Gotham Academy considered a “girl’s book”? I never saw it that way, just as a very fun book. Gotham Academy would make for a solid TV series, too.

:thinking: I think my Field Days included events like that. However, I sometimes scurried away to other activities at the time, so I wasn’t always watching what The Main Event was.

I agree that any chance to bumble around at school for the day is a good one. We had a Middle Ages Day in my Senior year of high school and that was fun. At last, a chance to dress like a suave-y, Middle Ages-oriented nerd without someone saying “Stop that, you nerd!”. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

@keath- YES.

hqdefault

VideoCapture_20201018-085841

5 Likes

signs the “We want Ember toys, P/T” petition

4 Likes

I don’t know if it was “girlie” but I think it was targeting younger readers than the primary capes and cowls line. Had a very Bruno & Boots vibe to it. But I loved all the deep references that would certainly go over kids heads. (OMG Maps’ posters!)

3 Likes

I’ll say “OMG, Maps!”, because she was a rad character in a rad book with rad stories.

4 Likes

IK,R?

Just bringin’ it back around to Ren Faire

4 Likes

Tug of War

4 Likes

Okay, so to specify someone for an event that wouldn’t take First Place medals for everything (ala Supergirl), I’m going with…

Ultimate Frisbee: Jessica Cruz.

Why? Well, for starters, she’d make a Frisbee construct, so there’s never any worry about it getting stuck on the school’s roof.

Plus, construct Frisbees are pretty sweet to engage in Ultimate Frisbee with, I imagine.

3 Likes

I am very very happy about how much thought and detail everyone has put into their reasoning and explanations. :slight_smile:
@Lincolnfan78
They might not all be teachers, but they wouldn’t be as great as they are without having the teachers they’ve had. :slight_smile:
@keath
I like how much thought you’ve put into the ground rules for this!
@Skajadeh

I see Barbara being relentless in capture the flag .

I hadn’t thought about it, but she probably would be scary in Capture the Flag.

@Vroom

'Member Kinko’s?

I didn’t realize they’d left, and now feel slightly sad about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Razzzcat

Winner takes all the ice cream, tater tots and kittens—FACT.

That is excellent incentive for any competition.

@DC89

She may not be an immortal goddess, a bulletproof alien, or an amazingly gifted magician, but the one thing my gurrrl has in abundance is the will to NEVER give up.

It’s hard to bet against anyone like that! You described what I like about Babs very well, and I’m glad you like this topic. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think Kinko’s is still around under the FedEx banner, but as for officially branded Kinko’s stores, yeah, I think they’re as dead as disco, unfortunately.

stands outside a closed Kinko’s as he takes slow swigs from a bottle of Crystal Pepsi

:notes: “Memories…” :notes:

4 Likes