Who Would Win? Clayface vs. Plastic Man

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Welcome to this week’s matchup-it’s a weird one! This showdown is between two superpowered shapeshifters. In one corner we have the former actor, Clayface! And in the other, we have the former criminal, Plastic Man!

This is bound to be a weird, confusing, possibly humorous and probably disturbing brawl! Tell us who you think would win and why, below!

And if you’d like to stretch your mind and read up on this week’s contestants, here are some good places to start!

Clayface

Detective Comics #40
Batman: The Dark Knight #22, #23, and #23.3
The Rise and Fall of the Batmen

Plastic Man

Plastic Man 80-Page Giant
Plastic Man (2018)
The Terrifics
Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Four Annual

• Clayface
  • Plastic Man

0 voters

8 Likes

Plastic Man turns into a toilet and flushes Clayface.

8 Likes

7 Likes

You can just hose away ClayFace.

6 Likes

Voted for Plastic Man cuz he makes me laugh

6 Likes

Wow, I totally forgot about that panel, @MatthewHecht. It’s been a long while since I read The Dark Knight Strikes Again, and about the only impression I have of it in my mind is that it was an odd follow-up to the original. That panel is a good reminder of why I felt that way. :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s a good point, @RexRebel. They really should just start calling the GCFD whenever he comes around instead of Batman. :slight_smile:
Going with what makes you laugh is always a good idea in my book, @TaimurDar!

7 Likes

I pick Clayface cause he can change appearance while Plastic man can’t which you can tell it’s him.
Clayface is a Lon Chaney kind of villian, known as man of 1000 faces. And he’s very deadly villian for Batman.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’d like Clayface to win because I prefer his character. But Plastic Man’s powers seem to have no rules (that I’m aware of). So he’d probably win. Great poll!

4 Likes

He seems to have the most limitless powers of the elastic characters.

5 Likes

I have to back up Clayface. He’s a favorite. And I feel he can with a mix of his powers and acting to trick Plastic Man some how

4 Likes

Does he have any weaknesses? I think I read a Green Arrow comic where he was immortal but I can’t be sure.

3 Likes

That’s another good point. I feel like Clayface could be a lot more vicious, and if he planned ahead and knew the fight was coming he could get the jump on Plastic Man before he even knew he was there.

4 Likes

None off the top of my head. I suppose you could count his specific personality as a weakness, in a way. (I hope I’m not forgetting anything, or I definitely don’t deserve the self-proclaimed title as the # 1 stretchy character fan in the community lol).
And yeah, he’s generally implied to be immortal. I can’t remember where, but I think it was once revealed that he is older than he lets on, he just uses his powers to make himself appear younger.

3 Likes

I had to go with Plastic Man

1 Like

It is one of those comics I keep coming back to, and conversations here keep making me skim through it to look for panels to post. It helps that it is at my library in a well done hardcover I can borrow with every other reading of DKR.

2 Likes