Who Would Win? Best Mom Edition!

Martha is such a good mom! She chose to be a mom to Clark when she could have left him there or turned him over to the authorities. Also, she an average earthling managed to raise a child with a dozen different superpowers! Can you imagine that?! Trying to catch a baby that was flying out of reach, or lifting the coffee table to look for his toy. And imagine having to explain to your kid why it’s wrong to use x-ray vision on females (awkward convo).

3 Likes

Well. That vote isn’t close… can’t say I’m surprised. No offense to the Queen, but even reading the title of this before opening, my first too thoughts were a) Obvs not Talia al’Ghul… b) Probably Ma Kent.

2 Likes

No one can beat Martha Kent! Definitely the epitome of the mom and grandma at the home with the white picket fence and a full cookie jar for the kids and grandkids.

3 Likes

Yea, there’s something to be said about supporting your child’s aspirations…

5 Likes

@ralphsix has a point. Pie makes the difference. Mmmmmmmmm pie :pie:

4 Likes

I credit Martha for not raising Superman to become Homelander… lol

4 Likes

All of this talk about Ma Kent’s baked goods makes me think that we need a one shot where she teaches a baking class for the superhero community. Like we just see Hippolyta and a bunch of heroes in aprons, hunched over pie tins, desperately trying to follow along as Martha just cranks out apple pies like a machine. :joy::joy:

Probably a lame idea, but maybe it would work if DC came out with a Mother’s Day Special, like they have for other holidays.

7 Likes

The moms of my two favorite characters! :open_mouth: I didn’t want to choose, but I went with Queen Hippolyta, no offense to Ma Kent, lol

2 Likes

Ma Kent all the way! And now it’s time she sat Lois down for a stern talk about child-rearing.

1 Like

The best mom in the DCU is Katana.

1 Like

Ma Kent is just the best, a great example of this is her appearance in “Comfort and Joy”.

4 Likes

Why did you say that name?!

4 Likes

IT’S HIS MOTHER’S NAME!

…It’s his mother’s name.

(Oh, and Batman, let’s just set that spear to the side here in case a giant monster with a weakness to Kryptonite shows up.)

3 Likes

The oneshot seems hilarious

2 Likes

In keeping with the theme of the Kent family…
Happy Mother’s day again to all the mothers out there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They always know when to give the right… Hook. :wink: :joy:

4 Likes

Now see, I’d vote for Lois.

3 Likes

the one who is holding the slipper in their hand.

I think I would, too, although there would be less pie in the equation.

3 Likes

Anybody got any love for ma hunkel(the original red tornado)? She’s taken care of the whole JSA (o.g. and new) over the years. Regarding the 2 official choices, ma Kent was my first thought as well, but I recall that there was a continuity where hippolyta subbed in as WW for a time, and sacrificed herself, and the JSA paid tribute to her, so I think that makes up for some stuff…

1 Like

Well, yeah, but it may be hard to vote for a woman wearing a pot on her head.

2 Likes